This is a limited time exclusive offer expiring after Wednesday, April 5th. Don’t put this off – get ready for a year filled with awesome genealogy finds and get everything you need at MyHeritage! Click here to get started today.
“Why Should I Use MyHeritage?” Here’s Why . . .
Many of my followers know that I travel around the country presenting genealogy lectures and workshops. Did you know I fly over 50,000 miles each year and I LOVE connecting with other genealogists and sharing the latest genealogy and technology information.
As you can imagine many attendees will ask questions and want to “pick my brain” in between lectures and afterwards. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an idea of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like MyHeritage?”
Do You Really Know MyHeritage?
I always tell genealogists that there is no “easy button” in genealogy and NO WEBSITE will provide easy answers. But you need to spend time understanding all the features of a site like MyHeritage and maximize your time spent there.
What do you really know about MyHeritage? These are the newer features I use the most at MyHeritage and the ones that have really helped me with my own research:
- Pedigree Map™: “An innovative way to visualize your family history. Pedigree Map™ plots events from your family tree such as births, marriages, and deaths, as well as digital and scanned photos on an interactive world map.” When I have a research issue involving cluster research, I can look at migration patterns and more with Pedigree Map™. I also use this when I’m showing family members our family history since the visual components communicate far better than a family tree chart.
- Global Name Translation™ Technology: “The technology covers given names and surnames and can tackle names previously encountered in the past, in addition to new names not seen before. It also utilizes extensive dictionaries built by MyHeritage to cover synonyms and nicknames.” I’m finding out more about my Henneberg ancestors and the German, Polish and Russian formats for their first names!
- Photo Discoveries™: “Photo Discoveries™ makes it easy for you to add photographs to people in your family tree who currently do not have any photos, in just a few clicks, based on the work of other users. Many of us cherish the emotional moment when we see for the first time a photograph of our ancestor or relative whom we’ve never seen before.“ I’ve been able to work with other MyHeritage users and get copies of photos of my ancestors that I’ve never seen before!
- DNA Matching: MyHeritage has made recent improvements in its DNA Matching technology and I’ve found lots of new matches. And these are in the 1st to 3rd cousin range, not 4th to 6th cousin like AncestryDNA’s matching. Also, I love that DNA Matches allows me to see the surnames I have in common with my matches!
Exclusive Offer – 50% Off MyHeritage
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete membership price exclusively to friends of GeneaBloggers. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click here to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. The normal price is $250.74 USD and you’ll pay just $125.29 for a full year’s access to the following.
- Private family site with unlimited capacity
- Start a new tree or import GEDCOM
- Unlimited photo storage
- Apps for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- Smart Matches™ with 38 million trees
- Global Name Translation™
- Record Detective™ II
- Book Matching
- Pedigree Map™
- Sun Charts™
- NEW Consistency Checker
- NEW Photo Discoveries™
- Over 7.4 billion historical records
- Automatic Record Matches
- Vital records from 48 countries
- Military and immigration records
- 1790-1940 US census
- 1841-1911 England & Wales census
- Compilation of Published Sources collection with over historical 450,000 books
- Family Tree Builder software premium edition
- Join 89 million users who have built trees with 2 billion people
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2017, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.