Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 4 April: Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., N.A.T.O. Treaty Ratified – 65th Anniversary, and Smothers Brothers Fired – 45th Anniversary.
- 5 April: Bette Davis’ Birthday – Anniversary, National Deep Dish Pizza Day, Gregory Peck’s Birthday – Anniversary, Qing Ming or Tomb Sweeping Day (China), Spencer Tracy’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Booker T. Washington’s Birthday.
- 6 April: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Founded – Anniversary, First Modern Olympics – Anniversary, National Volunteer Week begins, North Pole Discovered – Anniversary, Scottsboro Trial – Anniversary, Tartan Day, and US Enters World War I.
- 7 April: Billie Holiday’s Birthday – Anniversary, International Snailpapers Day, Metric System Adopted – Anniversary, National Beer Day, New York Slave Revolt – Anniversary, and No Housework Day.
- 8 April: Federal Government Seizure of Steel Mills – Anniversary, Hank Aaron Home Run Record – Anniversary, and National Be Kind To Lawyers Day.
- 9 April: Marian Anderson Easter Concert – 75th Anniversary, Texas Panhandle Tornado – Anniversary, and US Civil War Ends – Anniversary.
- 10 April: Bataan Death March – Anniversary, The Beatles Break Up anniversary, National Siblings Day, and Safety Pin Patented – Anniversary.
- 11 April: Barbershop Quartet Day, Jane Matilda Bolin’s Birthday – Anniversary, Civil Rights Act anniversary, International Louie Louie Day, Liberation of Buchenwald Concentration Camp – Anniversary, and Spellman College Established – Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee