Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 28 March: Something on a Stick Day, Three Mile Island Accident – 35th Anniversary, and Weed Appreciation Day.
- 29 March: British North America Act – Anniversary, Earth Hour, Knights of Columbus Founded – Anniversary, and National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day.
- 30 March: Doctors’ Day, European Union Daylight Saving Time Begins, Jeopardy! Television Premiere – 50th Anniversary, Mothering Sunday (UK), Pencil Day, Ronald Reagan Assassination Attempt – Anniversary, UK Summer Time Begins, and Vincent Van Gogh’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 31 March: Bunsen Burner Day, Cesar Chavez Day, Eiffel Tower Opens – Anniversary, and Seward’s Day – Acquisition of Alaska Anniversary.
- 1 April: April Fools’ Day, Child Abuse Prevention Month begins, Confederate History Month begins, Data Backup Day, Grange Month,
Jazz Appreciation Month, and National Fun at Work Day.
- 2 April: 2001: A Space Odyssey premieres, “Dallas” Television Premiere – Anniversary, Falkland Islands War – Anniversary, Sir Alec Guiness Birthday – 100th Anniversary, International Children’s Book Day, Hans Christian Andersen Birthday – Anniversary, Ponce De Leon “Discovers” Florida – Anniversary, Reconciliation Day and US Mint Founded – Anniversary.
- 3 April: Marlon Brando’s Birthday – 90th Anniversary, Marhsall Plan – Anniversary, and Pony Express Day.
- 4 April: Assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., N.A.T.O. Treaty Ratified – 65th Anniversary, Qing Ming or Tomb Sweeping Day (China), and Smothers Brothers Fired – 45th Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee