Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 18 April: Anniversary of Great San Francisco Earthquake, Good Friday, Paul Revere’s Ride – Anniversary, and Third World Day – Anniversary.
- 19 April: Battle of Lexington and Concord – Anniversary, Husband Appreciation Day, National Hanging Out Day, Oklahoma City Bombing – Anniversary, Record Store Day, and Warsaw Ghetto Uprising – Anniversary.
- 20 April: Columbine High School Killings – 15th Anniversary, Easter Sunday, and Adolf Hitler’s Birthday – 125th Anniversary.
- 21 April: Boston Marathon – 118th Running, Dyngus Day, Kindergarten Day, Patriot’s Day (MA ME US), and White House Easter Egg Roll.
- 22 April: Earth Day, National Jelly Bean Day, and Oklahoma Land Rush – 125th Anniversary.
- 23 April: Administrative Professionals Day, First Movie Theater Opens – Anniversary, First Public School in America – Anniversary, William Shakespeare’s Birthday – 450th Anniversary, Feast of Saint George, and World Book and Copyright Day.
- 24 April: Anniversary of Easter Rising (Ireland) and Library of Congress Founded – Anniversary.
- 25 April: Anzac Day, Battle of Gallipoli – Anniversary, DNA Day, Ella Fitzgerald’s Birthday – Anniversary, First License Plates Issued – Anniversary, National Arbor Day, National Hairball Awareness Day, and Take our Daughers and Sons to Work Day.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee