Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 27 November: Black Friday, Buy Nothing Day, Jimi Hendrix’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Day of Listening and Sinkie Day.
- 28 November: Small Business Saturday.
- 29 November: Advent Sunday, Louisa May Alcott’s Birthday – Anniversary, “Kukla, Fran and Ollie” Television Debut – Anniversary, and Charles Thomson’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 30 November: Feast of Saint Andrew, Winston Churchill’s Birthday – Anniversary, Dick Clark’s Birthday – Anniversary, Samuel Clemens’ Birthday – Anniversary, Computer Security Day, Cyber Monday, and The Joy of Cooking Published – Anniversary.
- 1 December: Data Backup Day, Basketball Created – Anniversary, Civil Air Patrol Founded – Anniversary, Rosa Parks Day – Anniversary of Arrest, and World AIDS Day.
- 2 December: First Artificial Heart Transplant – Anniversary, John Brown Executed – Anniversary, Maria Callas’ Birthday – Anniversary, Monroe Doctrine – Anniversary, and Safety Razor Patented – Anniversary.
- 3 December: Bhopal Poison Disaster – Anniversary, First Heart Transplant – Anniversary, Illinois – Admission Day, and Andy Williams’ Birthday – Anniversary.
- 4 December: “Falcon Crest” Television Debut – Anniversary, National Grange Founded – Anniversary, and Feast of Saint Barbara.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2015 copyright, Thomas MacEntee