Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 21 October: Battle of Trafalgar – Anniversary and Old Ironsides Launched – Anniversary.
- 22 October: Cuban Missile Crisis – Anniversary, Annette Funicello’s Birthday – Anniversary, International Caps Lock Day, Make A Difference Day, and World’s End Day – Anniversary.
- 23 October: Canning Day, Johnny Carson’s Birthday – Anniversary, 1956 Hungary Revolution – Anniversary, iPod Unveiled – Anniversary, Mother-In-Law Day, and National Mole Day.
- 24 October: First Barrel Jump Over Niagara Falls – Anniversary, National Food Day, Belva Lockwood’s Birthday – Anniversary, and United Nations Day – Anniversary.
- 25 October: International Magic Week begins and World Pasta Day.
- 26 October: Erie Canal Opens – Anniversary, Gunfight at the O.K. Corral – Anniversary, and Mahalia Jackson’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 27 October: James Cook’s Birthday – Anniversary, Navy Day, New York City Subway – Anniversary, Theodore Roosevelt’s Birthday – Anniversary, and “Walt Disney” Television Debut – Anniversary.
- 28 October: Donner Party Famine – Anniversary, Harvard University Founded – Anniversary, Feast of St. Jude, Gateway Arch Completed – Anniversary, and Statue of Liberty Dedication – Anniversary.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2016 copyright, Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.