Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 19 August: Black Cow Root Beer Float Created – Anniversary, Coco Chanel’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Aviation Day, and Gene Roddenberry’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 20 August: National Radio Day and St. Stephen’s Day – Hungary.
- 21 August: Hawaii – Admission Day, American Bar Association founded – Anniversary, Lincoln-Douglas Debates – Anniversary, and Poet’s Day.
- 22 August: Ray Bradbury’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mormon Choir First Performance – Anniversary, Dorothy Parker’s Birthday – Anniversary and Vietnam Conflict begins – Anniversary.
- 23 August: Gene Kelly’s Birthday – Anniversary, Edgar Lee Masters’ Birthday – Anniversary, and Sacco-Vanzetti Execution – Anniversary.
- 24 August: St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre – Anniversary, Eruption of Vesuvius – Anniversary, and British Invade Washington – War of 1812 Anniversary.
- 25 August: Leonard Bernstein’s Birthday – Anniversary, Founders Day – National Park Service, Althea Gibson’s Birthday – Anniversary, Paris Liberated During World War II – Anniversary, and The Wizard of Oz movie released – Anniversary.
- 26 August: Krakatoa Eruption – Anniversary, National Dog Day (US), and Women’s Equality Day (US).
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
Upcoming Genealogy Conferences
Courtesy of Conference Keepers, here is an updated calendar of upcoming genealogy and family history conferences!
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2016 copyright, Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.