UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Wednesday, March 25, 2015
UPDATE on Ancestry.com AARP Discount: Ancestry.com has just informed me that a new agreement has been signed with AARP and a discount on Ancestry.com’s World Explorer subscription will continue to be available. There are some restrictions that you need to understand. Please review the parameters below before calling Ancestry.com and requesting the discount:
- You must be a current member of AARP and have your AARP membership number available.
- The AARP discount applies to World Explorer memberships only.
- The discount applies to new memberships as well as renewals.
- You can only use this offer ONE TIME. If you have used the AARP discount in the past, you cannot renew your current membership using the discount.
- In addition, Ancestry.com no longer offers 3-month or 1 year memberships; this means the AARP offer is good for the 1-month and 6-month membership products.
Click here for more information.
- Save 92% on Hiding the Past – A Genealogical Crime Mystery – by Nathan Dylan Goodwin, part of The Forensic Genealogist Series – normally $12.99 paperback, now $.99 e-book via Amazon
- FREE Webinar – Where Does It Say That? Learning to Love Indirect Evidence – with Chris Staats – Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 1pm Central – SIGN UP TODAY – via Legacy Family Tree.Direct evidence, the sort of evidence that completely answers a research question by itself, is often scarce. Without any documents telling us exactly what we want to know, how do we identify relationships that might not be stated explicitly, resolve conflicts between records, and arrive at sound genealogical conclusions? By collecting, analyzing, and correlating indirect evidence of course! The Henry McGinnis family of 19th century rural Pennsylvania provides a good example of using mostly indirect evidence to reconstruct a family which left precious little for descendants to work with.
- Save over 30% on Audio Tape Digital Transfer – are you sitting on a pile of cassette tapes containing interviews of family members? Want to convert them to digital files so you can preserve them? Larsen Digital has an AMAZING SALE right now – convert an entire cassette tape (sides A and B) for $14.99 each (normally $21.99 each). Click here to get started and select the conversion type you need. PLUS use promo code THOMAS2015 and get an additional 10% off! Offer ends March 29th – via Larsen Digital
- 30% all items at Genealogical Publishing Company – use promo code SS30 at checkout – via Genealogical Publishing Company
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT on Evidentia Software – for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains – use promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and get 15% off the list price – you pay $25.49 instead of $29.99 – via Evidentia
“Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so!
- SPECIAL OFFER – 20% discount on any one order placed with Genealogy Ebooks – use promo code GB1503 in the coupon code box in the shopping cart – via Genealogy Ebooks
And there are several great sale items – like Chris Paton’s British and Irish Newspapers e-book now only $3.95 (prices are in Australian Dollars – so for those of us in the United States this is an even better bargain ($1 AUD = $0.77 USD)!
- 10% Off Photo and Slide Scanning – use promo code Thomas2015 and save – via Larsen Digital
- Save 70% on Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet: A Guide for Family Historians by Chris Paton – regularly $19.99, now $5.99! I met the author Chris Paton last year while teaching on a genealogy cruise in Australia. I heard several of his lectures and I can tell you this: the man know his stuff and is a wealth of knowledge on UK, Scottish, and Irish genealogy!
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.