UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Monday, August 8, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- Save up to 60% on Essential Family Tree Forms from Shop Family Tree! Now this is an amazing deal that I really had to dig for on the Shop Family Tree site! Each of these programs has over 50 different PDF forms that you can fill out and save! I use the Family Group Sheet form all the time! There are 75 forms on Volume 1 (normally $19.99, now just $9.99) and 53 forms on Volume 2 (normally $24.99, now just $9.99).PLUS use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save and extra 15% – that brings the price down to $8.49!This deal won’t last long – click here for Volume 1 and click here for Volume 2! Via Shop Family Tree.
- Save 15% and pre-order The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available. This plain-English guide is a one-stop resource for how to use DNA testing for genealogy. Inside, you’ll find guidance on what DNA tests are available, plus the methodologies and pros and cons of the three major testing companies and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific genealogy questions.” Use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save 15%! Click here to pre-order – via Shop Family Tree
- Save on registration for the Family Tree University Fall 2016 Virtual Genealogy Conference – September 16 – 18, 2016 at Family Tree University – “Longer nights and cooler temps mean more opportunities to focus on your genealogy! With our Fall Virtual Genealogy Conference, you’ll be able to develop your skills and tackle your family history research with a fresh perspective. You’ll learn new genealogy research strategies and discover new tools and techniques to make it easier to dig up those records. Plus, you’ll get loads of new insights into genetic genealogy as well as new approaches to understanding your ethnicity. Best of all, because it’s web-based, you’ll never have to miss a session – you can set your own schedule! Take a break between video presentations to join in a live chat, dive into the discussion boards or check out your SWAG bag. With our virtual conference, you’ll get the best parts of a genealogy conference without ever having to change out of your pajamas.”
Use promo code VCFALL16 and register by August 12th to save $40 – normally $199, you pay only $159 for this amazing online event! Click here to get started – via Shop Family Tree.
EXPIRING SOON Genealogy Bargains
- Amazing Summer Sale at Family Tree DNA – save $30 on Family Finder DNA test kit, normally $99, now just $69! While sales at other genealogy DNA vendors occur frequently, it is rare to have a sale this good and on a great product! Click here to save – via Family Tree DNA
- FREE Access to “All Things Irish” from NEHGS on AmericanAncestors.org! Starting today, August 2nd through August 9th, you can get access to a wide variety of Irish records, articles, subject guides, and webinars for FREE courtesy of the New England Historic Genealogical Society! Click here to sign up or, if you already have a Guest User account, click here to sign in – via NEHGS and AmericanAncestors.org
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- Scandinavian Mega Collection 75% OFF at Shop Family Tree – normally $313.91, now just $79.99 – “ According to Norse mythology, the gods made the first humans from tree trunks. While you may not be able to trace your family tree back to the first pine or oak, you can find out quite a bit about your Nordic family history, with the right tools and resources. This collection is packed with the knowledge you need to research your Scandinavian ancestry; whether they come from Denmark, Norway, Sweden – even Finland!” Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
- FREE Ebooks from Family Tree University! From family tree templates to ebooks on genetic genealogy, military records and more, Family Tree Magazine and Family Tree University are happy to provide you with the resources and knowledge you need to dive into your family history. Download these free eBooks to explore a specific subject and get your genealogy research started. Best of all: these resources don’t require a purchase – you can get them for free! Click here to get started – via Family Tree Magazine
- FREE European Family History Conference September 12-16, 2016 – attend in person or via webinar – click here for more information on how to register – via FamilySearch
- FREE United States Research Seminar August 22-26, 2016 – attend in person or via webinar – click here for more information on how to register – via FamilySearch
- FREE Webinar Recording – Getting Started with Microsoft PowerPoint presented by Thomas MacEntee – “Microsoft PowerPoint can be used to create dynamic slide shows for sharing family history and genealogy research, and it can do so much more! Participants will learn the basics of PowerPoint including slide design and formatting. In addition, projects covered include using PowerPoint to create graphics and more.” Click here to view for free through Tuesday, August 9th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE Webinar – Another Kind of Navigation: GPS for Genealogy presented by Shellee Morehead, CG – Tuesday, August 16th, 2016, 7:00 pm Central – “This lecture describes the 5 steps of the Genealogical Proof Standard to establish proof of identities and relationships. Shellee will present examples at each step, along with a case study of a complex problem that was solved with research, creativity, attention to detail and a defined process. See how reasonably exhaustive research, accurate citations, analysis and correlation of data, the resolution of conflicting data and a reasoned, written conclusion was used to identify the parents of a Civil War soldier who shaved 10 years off his age and complicated the search for this relationship.” Click here to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars and Board for Certification of Genealogists
- NEW EXCLUSIVE AUGUST SALE at NEHGS! Save 10% on NEHGS Publications – through a special arrangement visit http://www.geneabloggers.com/nehgs and use promo code FRUGALGEN16 to receive 10% off specific NEHGS publications including Guide to Massachusetts Cemeteries, Best Genealogical Sources in Print, New York State Probate Records, Hartford County CT County Court Minutes Vol. 3 & 4 Softcover, New Englanders in the 1600s Expanded Edition, and Early New England Families Vol 1 1641-1700. Note: these prices cannot be combined with any other discounts, offer ends August 31st, 2016, while supplies last.
- Save $10 on Great Canadian Genealogy Summit registration! Here is an amazing deal . . . right now Early Bird Registration for the Great Canadian Genealogy Summit (21-23 October 2016 in Brampton, Ontario) is only $159 CDN ($121 USD). Use special promo code HiDef10 and you can get an extra $10 CDN off the registration! Your final price is $149 CDN ($114 USD). Click here for more information and to save – offer expires 11:59 pm EDT on August 20th.
- Save 20% on a Summer Bundle from Maureen Taylor – The Photo Detective! Click here to shop – via Maureen Taylor
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.