You could win one of five a 1-year memberships at Archives.com! Here’s how:
To win, simply create a post at your genealogy blog with tips for beginning family historians about the US Federal Census population schedules and how to use them. Any tricks or words of wisdom for first time users? Any nuggets of wisdom on what to look for to solve those family mysteries? Include a link to the new Archives.com Census page ( (http://www.archives.com/census)) and post a hyperlink to your post here in the comments section. We’ll draw five winners at random on Tuesday, September 6, 2011.
What will you do with the Archives.com membership if you win? Well, you could use it yourself, give it away at a contest at your own blog or even donate it to your local genealogical society for a door prize.
How To Participate In This Contest
Between Friday, September 2, 2011 and 11:59 pm Central Daylight Time (GST -6) Monday, September 5, 2011, create a blog post about how to use the US Federal Census population schedules at your genealogy blog. Your blog must be listed at GeneaBloggers; you must include a link to the Archives.com Census page (http://www.archives.com/census); and you must hyperlink the blog post to this post using the Comments feature below. Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address when completing the form so they can be contacted if they are selected as the winner.
Winners will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 10:00 am Central Daylight Time. Winners will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, the prize will be conveyed to the winners.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Archives.com US Federal Census Contest (“Contest”) will run from Friday, September 2, 2011 through 9:59 pm Monday, September 4, 2011, Central Daylight Time (GST -6).
- PRIZE: Five 1-year memberships at Archives.com; one membership awarded to each winner. Value = $39.95 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. Five winners will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials used in the Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if (a) your blog post does not pertain to how to use the US Federal Census for genealogy research purposes; (b) your blog is not listed at GeneaBloggers at http://www.geneabloggers.com/genealogy-blogs/; (c) you do not include the link http://www.archives.com/census in your post; (d) you do not leave a valid e-mail address in the entry form; and/or (e) you do not include a valid e-mail address for contact purposes.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 10:00 am CDT for the Contest. The winners will be announced in a blog post on GeneaBloggers.com and notified via e-mail shortly thereafter, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: Each prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winners by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, GeneaBloggers will contact Archives.com to arrange for delivery of the prize to the prize winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
Disclosure statement: I was contacted by Archives.com to learn more about the new US Federal Census records at Archives.com. In addition, I was given the opportunity to give away several Archives.com membership in a contest of my own design and execution. To review the other material connections I have with genealogy vendors, please see Disclosure Statements.
©2011, copyright Thomas MacEntee