Here are the details of the Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games. If you would like to participate, please carefully read the criteria below. If you have any questions, please post them in the Comments section of this post.
- You must be the owner/author of one or more genealogy blogs and have your blog list on the blog roll at GeneaBloggers. If your blog is not listed, please email the URL and a description to email@example.com.
- So that we can include you in the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, please sign up by either 1) visiting the Facebook Genea-Blogger Group page and RSVPing to the Winter 2010 GeneaBloggers Games that will be listed in the Events menu on that page; or 2) by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are not on Facebook.
Create Your Heritage Flag
- Create a graphic of a flag you create yourself at WeAreMulticolored representing your ancestry, heritage, or personal expression. Please explain the heritage or special meaning behind your flag.
- Post your flag in your blog sidebar and also send a copy to us at email@example.com.
Extended Opening Ceremonies
- Participate in Opening Ceremonies by publishing a post on your blog describing the categories in which you will compete. Describe your goals for achievement. Look for the Official List of Competitors here at GeneaBloggers to be posted by Monday, 15 February 2010. These will be our Opening Ceremonies.
- Start competing on Saturday, 13 February 2010.
- There are six categories in which you can participate (see below). All participants will receive a badge, and qualifying participants will be awarded medals (designed by our very own creative footnoteMaven) on Saturday, 27 February 2010 during the Closing Ceremonies.
- Record your progress daily on your blog. Keep track of your own statistics. This is on the honor system! For those who may be on vacation during this time and without Internet access, keep record of daily stats manually and publish them when back online.
- Stop competing at the end of the day on Friday, 26 February 2010.
- Post your final tallies by 11:00 p.m. CST on Friday, 26 February 2010 on your blog.
- Visit GeneaBloggers on 27 February 2010 for the Medals Ceremony/Closing Ceremonies.
© 2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee