GeneaBloggers is giving away two tickets good for admission to the upcoming Arizona Family History Expo in Mesa, Arizona on January 22-23, 2010.
To win, simply use the Comments section of this post and tell us how attending a Family History Expo would help you with your genealogy research. Let us know what sessions or presenters interest you the most and how you would use the knowledge learned to further your family history activities!
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Monday, December 28, 2009 and 11:59 pm Central Standard Time (GST -6) Sunday, January 10, 2009, leave a comment on this post as to how you would use your experience at a Family History Expo to improve your genealogy experience.
- Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address so they can be contacted in case they are the winner.
- You do not need to be a member of GeneaBloggers or even have a genealogy blog to participate – this contest is open to all.
- Contestants are expected to be in the Mesa, Arizona area on January 22 and 23, 2010 in order to attend the expo.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Monday, January 11, 2010. The winner will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, arrangements will be made to transmit the admission tickets to the winner in time for the event in Mesa beginning January 22, 2010.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The Contest will run from Monday, December 28, 2009 through 11:59 pm Sunday, January 10, 2010, Central Standard Time (GMT -6).
- PRIZE: Two admission tickets to the Arizona Family History Expo 2010 in Mesa, Arizona to be held January 22-23, 2010. Value = $75 US for each ticket. Total value = $150 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. One winner will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Family History Expo Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if your comment does not include a valid e-mail or the content constitutes spam.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on January 11, 2010, for the Family History Expo Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: The prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, arrangements will be made to transmit the tickets either eletronically or via US mail to the winner.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Family History Expo Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Family History Expo Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Family History Expo Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Family History Expo Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee