GeneaBloggers is giving away two tickets good for full admission to the upcoming California Family History Expo in Pleasanton, California on October 8-9, 2010.
To win, simply use the Comments section of this post and tell us how attending a Family History Expo would help you with your genealogy research. Let us know what sessions or presenters interest you the most (view the program in PDF here) and how you would use the knowledge learned to further your family history activities!
How To Participate In This Contest
- Between Tuesday, September 21, 2010 and 11:59 pm Central Daylight Time (GST -6) Friday, September 24, 2010, leave a comment on this post as to how you would use your experience at a Family History Expo to improve your genealogy experience.
- Commenters must leave a valid e-mail address so they can be contacted in case they are the winner.
- You do not need to be a member of GeneaBloggers or even have a genealogy blog to participate – this contest is open to all.
- Contestants are expected to be in the Pleasanton, California area on October 8 and 9, 2010 in order to attend the expo. The prize is for two full admissions only and does not include accommodations or travel expenses.
- The winner will be drawn at random from the eligible comments on Saturday, September 25, 2010. The winner will be contacted via email. Once contact is confirmed, arrangements will be made for the winner to register and pick-up the admission tickets beginning at 7am on October 8, 2010 at the expo.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS CONTEST
- TERM: The California Family History Expo 2010 Contest (“Contest”) will run from Tuesday, September 21, 2010 through 11:59 pm Friday, September 24, 2010, Central Daylight Time (GMT -6).
- PRIZE: Two full admission tickets to the California Family History Expo 2010 in Pleasanton, California to be held October 8-9, 2010. Value = $75 US for each ticket. Total value = $150 US.
- ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning will be determined by the number of entries received. One winner will be drawn at random.
- DISCLAIMER: GeneaBloggers is not responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects in part or whole, delays in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for any technical or non-technical network, telephonic, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate or partial transmission of or failure to receive entry information by GeneaBloggers on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any web site or any combination thereof. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any materials in the Contest.
- DISQUALIFICATION: Your entry will be disqualified if a) your comment does not answer the question “How would you attending a Family History Expo help you with your genealogy research?“; b) you do not leave a valid e-mail address in the comment; and/or c) you do not include a valid e-mail address for contact purposes.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: Winners will be selected in an electronically randomized manner on Saturday, September 25, 2010, for the Contest. The winner will be notified on the day of the drawing, and will have 96 hours to contact GeneaBloggers regarding their prize. Return of any prize or prize notification as “undeliverable” will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected.
- NOTIFICATION: The prizewinner will be notified by e-mail sent to the e-mail address used in their comment to this post. GeneaBloggers is under no obligation to notify winner by any means other than e-mail. GeneaBloggers is not responsible for notifications that are misdirected or not received because of e-mail addresses or mailing addresses that are no longer correct. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate winner selected. Any prize notification or prize returned as undeliverable will result in the awarding of that prize to an alternate winner.
- REDEMPTION: GeneaBloggers will deliver the prize as follows: Once a prize winner responds to the notification from GeneaBloggers, arrangements will be made for the winner to register for the California Family History Expo in Pleasanton, California on October 8 & 9, 2010 and to pick up the tickets after 7am on Friday, October 8, 2010 at the expo.
- CONDITIONS: By participating in the Contest, you agree to release and hold GeneaBloggers and Thomas MacEntee, and all prize suppliers harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or any product purchased, or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy, whether suffered by you or a third party. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of GeneaBloggers and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Contest Rules. All decisions regarding the Contest, including, but not limited to, selecting winners, will be made by GeneaBloggers, whose decisions shall be final. Winners are individually responsible for all applicable taxes.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee