Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
There are no blog anniversaries to celebrate in the coming week. If your blog anniversary is coming up soon, make sure it gets on our GeneaBloggers calendar! Remember to send your blog anniversary info to GeneaBloggers.
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
- The deadline for the 23rd Edition of the Carnival of Central and Eastern European Genealogy has been extended to Sunday, November 15, 2009. The theme is “Tips, Tricks, Websites,…. for researching Central and Eastern European Genealogy,” and Al’s Polish-American Genealogy Research will be hosting.
- A very special 84th edition of the Carnival of Genealogy is accepting entries through Sunday, November 15, 2009. The theme is “What the Carnival of Genealogy Has Meant To Me” and focuses on the creative writing aspects of COG posts.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
- The Florida State Genealogical Society’s 33rd Annual Conference kicks off on Friday, November 13 and runs through Saturday, November 14, 2009 in Melbourne, FL.
- The Central Indiana Genealogical Conference will be held on Saturday, November 14, 2009 in Indianapolis, IN.
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
Take a look at all the genealogy bloggers making appearances around the country this coming week!
- Saturday, November 14, 2009 – Elizabeth O’Neal, of Little Bytes of Life, is appearing at the Captain Henry Sweetser Chapter DAR in Santa Maria, CA. Elizabeth will be presenting Children of the American Revolution (C.A.R.).
- Thursday, November 19, 2009 – Karen Packard Rhodes, of Karen About Genealogy, is appearing at the Florida Society of the Sons of the American Revolution Jacksonville Chapter in Jacksonville, FL. Karen will be presenting Paleography: Understanding the Old Styles of Handwriting.
- Thursday, November 19, 2009 – Randy Seaver, of Genea-Musings, is appearing at the Earl and Birdie Taylor Library in Pacific Beach, CA. Randy will be presenting Genealogy – Be An Ancestry Detective.
GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
Great news – we are now at 768 members over at GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook. In case you haven’t checked in at Facebook lately, there is a good discussion of lineage societies in the Discussions section. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please tell them about our Facebook group!
Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt
Check out Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #46: Comment on obituaries in your collection. Obits come in all shapes and sizes. Share some of the stand-outs with readers.
Thanks to Amy Coffin at We Tree for the inspiration!
Remember we just added two new daily blogging themes – Follow Friday and Surname Saturday. Along with Black Sheep Sunday, Madness Monday, Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, and Treasure Chest Thursday these prompt can help you come up with ideas each day of the week for blog posts! And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2009 copyright, Thomas MacEntee