Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
- Tangled Trees celebrates its 2nd birthday on Saturday 13 March 2010 – stop by and say “Happy Birthday!”
- On Sunday 14 March 2010, Anglo-Celtic Connections celebrates its 4th anniversary!
- Could it be 2 years already since Shades of the Departed was born? On Monday 15 March 2010, go tell footnoteMaven that it isn’t possible!
- Be Not Forgot is also 2 years old on Tuesday, 16 March 2010. Best wishes to Miss Vickie!
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
Great news – we are now at 984 members as we approach 1,000 over at GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please tell them about our Facebook group!
52 Weeks To Better Genealogy
Amy Coffin of the fabulous We Tree blog, has done it again. Last year, Amy developed a series of 52 Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompts which kept folks very busy and forced them to look at many different aspects of their genealogy.
Now Amy brings us 52 Weeks To Better Genealogy: a series of weekly prompts that are a bit more challenging and are geared towards those new to the field of genealogy and family history as well as those who want to brush up on some skills which might be a bit rusty.
- Week 11: Read the back posts from the Transitional Genealogists Forum. This is a message board for genealogists who are taking the steps needed to become professional genealogists. Even if you aren’t interested in that goal, you will benefit from the questions and answers provided on this excellent discussion list. If you have a genealogy blog, write about a question or subject from this board that was helpful for you.
We’ll list a new challenge each Saturday which should be completed by the following Friday.
And remember – as Amy says – these should be fun exercises! Don’t feel that you have to participate each week, nor should you beat yourself up if you miss one or more challenges. We all have so much that we want to accomplish – let alone what we want to accomplish with our genealogy blogs. This series should be one which, by the end of 2010, helps you to be a better genealogist.
Check out Sentimental Sunday, Madness Monday, Tombstone Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday, Treasure Chest Thursday, Follow Fridayand Surname Saturday which can help you come up with ideas each day of the week for blog posts! And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2010 copyright, Thomas MacEntee