Twitip has a great idea: put together a list of the top ten people to follow on Twitter. So here is my recommendation called Ten People All Genealogists Should Follow On Twitter
1. @megansmolenyak Megan Smolenyak – of Roots Television and Ancestry fame. Megan has spot on info about the genealogy world!
2. @footnotemaven footnoteMaven – not only for info on how to correctly cite your sources, but for the wonderful world of old photos – especially girls with glasses
3. @dickeastman Dick Eastman – he of Dick Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter with lots of great news about genealogy
4. @rjseaver Randy Seaver – a geneablogger extraordinaire! You must read his latest blog posts on DNA genealogy
5. @LorineMS Lorine Schulz – she runs the Olive Tree Genealogy sites and is a wealth of information – she has helped me tremendously with my Dutch ancestry
6. @marktucker Mark Tucker – software architect by day and a family historian by night and weekend
7. @illyadaddezio Illya D’Addezio - non-stop genealogist, founder of Genealogy Today and Live Roots
8. @moultriecreek Denise Olson – family historian, genea-blogger and fascinated with online research tech
9. @kidmiff Miriam Robbins Midkiff – Miriam runs the award-winning AnceStories: Stories of My Ancestors blog and also hosts Scanfest each month!
10. @tracingthetribe Schelly Talalay Dardashti – genealogy journalist who has the scoop on Jewish genealogy and authors the Tracing The Tribe blog
I’m just sorry I had to pick only ten! If you want to see other genealogy and family historian enthusiasts on Twitter check out this listing over at gene@pedia.
Next: Ten Companies All Genealogists Should Follow On Twitter