Besides the new Contact button decribed in the previous post, I’ve also added a hovering Twitter badge to the right margin of GeneaBloggers. Using the Go2Web20.net site, here’s how you can get one for your blog:
- Visit the Go2Web20.net site.
- Enter your Twitter account name (without the @ symbol).
- Select from pre-set texts such as Follow Me, Follow Us, etc.
- Select a color for your badge.
- Select Left or Right for the horizontal placement.
- Enter the coordinates for the vertical placement.
- Click Update Code.
- Copy the HTML code and paste it before the </body> tag* in your blog template.
Once completed, visitors will click the badge and they’ll be taken to your Twitter page where they can follow you.
* For Blogger users, on your Dashboard click Edit, Layout and then Edit HTML. The </body> tag will appear towards the bottom of the code. Paste the Twitter badge code before the tag.
For WordPress users, on your Admin panel, go to Appearance and click Editor. For most WordPress templates you will need to access the Header portion of the code (click Header in the right sidebar). The </body> tag will appear towards the bottom of the code. Paste the Twitter badge code before the tag.
© 2009, copyright Thomas MacEntee