UPDATE on Ancestry.com AARP Discount: Ancestry.com has just informed me that a new agreement has been signed with AARP and a discount on Ancestry.com’s World Explorer subscription will continue to be available. There are some restrictions that you need to understand. Please review the parameters below before calling Ancestry.com and requesting the discount:
- You must be a current member of AARP and have your AARP membership number available.
- The AARP discount applies to World Explorer memberships only.
- The discount applies to new memberships as well as renewals.
- You can only use this offer ONE TIME. If you have used the AARP discount in the past, you cannot renew your current membership using the discount.
- In addition, Ancestry.com no longer offers 3-month or 1 year memberships; this means the AARP offer is good for the 1-month and 6-month membership products.
Click here for more information.
Finally, I did not realize that Ancestry had eliminated its 3-month and 1-year membership products, did you?
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.