I will be one of several instructors at the Family Tree University’s Fall 2012 Virtual Genealogy Conference, September 14-16, 2012. I hope you’ll join me and others for this fun and unique event in the genealogy community.
What Will You Find at a Virtual Genealogy Conference?
This will be my 3rd virtual conference for Family Tree University and not only are they just as much fun as attending a genealogy conference in-person, but you get to learn at your own pace over the three day period!
What will I be teaching at the virtual conference? Here’s a list of my pre-recorded sessions that you can view during the conference:
- Power Up Your Web Searches: Feel like your Googling is going nowhere? Learn to pull those elusive ancestors out from the depths of genealogy websites with this class on how to sharpen your search skills.
- Tricks for Using FamilySearch.org: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ free genealogy website offers a plethora of searchable family trees, historical records and resources—but how do you find what you’re looking for? This class will show you how to become a seasoned and savvy FamilySearch navigator.
Chats, Networking and a Virtual Swag Bag!
Not only can you view the pre-recorded webinars at your own pace, but there are many ways to interact with other attendees as well.
For me, the best part of the virtual conference is participating in one of the live chats. It is like being able to “pick the brain” of an expert in a subject matter. Here are some of the chat topics for the upcoming virtual conference:
- Choosing a Cloud Genealogy Program
- Best Genealogy Tablet Apps
- Discussing Source Documentation
- Researching Courthouse Records
- Sunday Brunch Free-For-Fall
- Share Your Stumpers: Ideas for Your Brick-Wall Problems
In addition there is a running message board all weekend long and event a virtual gift bag filled with goodies! Check out the program of classes and events here and then make sure you sign up soon before the Early Bird Registration ends!
Early Bird Registration Ends August 10, 2012!
The early bird registration period for the conference ends this Friday, August 10, at 11:59 p.m. Early bird registration costs $159.99, and is a savings of $50 over the regular registration fee.
To take advantage of the early bird pricing, click here and enter discount code FTUVCEARLY at checkout.
Disclosure: I am an author at Family Tree Magazine and I’ve conducted several webinars for Family Tree University. Please see Disclosure Statements for more information on my material connection with genealogy-related vendors.
©2012, copyright Thomas MacEntee