[Editor’s Note: The upcoming APG PMC is probably the least known genealogy conference coming up in 2015, but in my opinion it is one of the most unique in its offerings and impact on the genealogy community. I’ll admit I am biased: not only am I presenting a lecture (on self-publishing), and a poster session (on affiliate marketing), but I am also on the organizing committee (handling sponsorships and door prizes).]
If you are a genealogy professional age 30 or younger, listen up! The Association of Professional Genealogists has a HUGE discount for you if you want to attend its Professional Management Conference in Salt Lake City, 8-9 January 2015.
The Young Professional discount to PMC 2015 is now available to ALL genealogists under age 30. The Young Professional discount offers savings of 40 percent off the full price of the conference, with Thursday-only registration starting at just $55. But you’ll need to hurry — this rate expires on 15 November 2014 (in less than 2 weeks) so you’ll want to register now at http://www.apgen.org/conferences.
APG’s Professional Management Conference, “Professional-Grade Genealogy,” on 8-9 January 2015 in downtown Salt Lake features:
- Keynote address by Ancestry CEO Tim Sullivan, on Thursday, 8 January, will focus on professional genealogists’ vital role in the genealogy industry. Ancestry ProGenealogists is a PMC sponsor.
- $139 in attendee gifts (for each registrant) from PMC sponsors: A one-year subscription to BackBlaze, an online data-backup service ($50 value) and an online professional-development course from The National Institute for Genealogical Studies ($89 value).
- 15 breakout sessions taught by industry experts covering topics such as DNA, professional writing, setting fees, and improving client communication.
- Discounted lunch with David Rencher, Chief Genealogical Officer at FamilySearch, on 8 January. A generous donation from PMC sponsor FamilySearch makes lunch just $10 instead of $35!
- A great array of door prizes, APG’s annual member meeting, the first-ever PMC Poster Sessions, and Friday evening’s APG reception.
Young Professional pricing ends 15 November 2014. The Young Professional discount is available to APG members and non-members who are younger than 30.
Registration and full conference details are available at http://www.apgen.org/conferences.