UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Friday, September 30, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
FREE Amazon Kindle Ebook 15 Habits of Highly Frugal Genealogists by Thomas MacEntee – TODAY ONLY! “The title of this book is misleading, and intentionally so. The fact is, you’ll find over 30 amazing ways to save money when purchasing genealogy-related products and services. You may already be using some of these tricks, but I guarantee that once you starting using some of the more unusual money-saving tips, you’ll say to yourself, ‘Now, why didn’t I think of that!’” Click here to download – good today only – September 30th! Via Amazon
How Do Free Kindle E-books Work?
The easiest way to get your copy of any of the books above is to click the download link or an image above. Or if you search on Amazon for the book, you’ll see either Add to Cart or Buy now with 1-Click® . . . just click either of those buttons.
Whatever you do, please DO NOT CLICK the “Read for free” button! This will sign you up for Amazon Kindle Unlimited and you’ll receive emails and . . . well it is just a mess!
But I Don’t Have a Kindle Device! Read On . . .
Did you know that Amazon provides a FREE Kindle App that you can install on a desktop computer, laptop, tablet or most any smart device? Click here to download the app . . . and don’t worry, the app is “responsive” which means it will know which version you need!
I have the Kindle App on my iPad and it works just like a Kindle device! I can change the font size, the word space and the lighting as well.
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- FREE Webinar Recording – Beginning Polish Genealogy presented by Jonathan Shea, AG – “Curious about your Polish roots but don’t know where to begin? We will explore document sources in the US to help find your ancestral birthplace then we will take you across the ocean to search in the of archives of Poland, and much more.” Click here to register view for free through Tuesday October 4th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- FREE WEBINAR – Watch Geoff Live – Using Legacy to Assemble a Family presented by Geoff Rasmussen – Friday, September 30th, 1:00pm Central – “In this webinar, Legacy’s Geoff Rasmussen will begin to document and assemble the family using records he recently discovered (divorce papers, census records, obituaries, and marriage records). You are invited to watch live as he adds the information to his personal Legacy family file. In this live, unscripted session, Geoff will talk his way through setting up the source clipboard, adding custom events, utilizing the To Do List, stitching multiple pages into a combined digital file, and adding the new information he found. Viewers will learn data entry and analysis skills for most efficiently using Legacy Family Tree to assemble ancestral families.” Click here to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- NEW LOWER PRICE! Now save 47% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – regularly $29.99 print version, Shop Family Tree has the book on sale for $19.99 BUT use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and get an extra 15% off! – final price is just $16.99! “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available. This plain-English guide is a one-stop resource for how to use DNA testing for genealogy. Inside, you’ll find guidance on what DNA tests are available, plus the methodologies and pros and cons of the three major testing companies and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific genealogy questions.” Use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an extra 15% of the current sale price! Click here to order – via Shop Family Tree
- 23andme Introduces $99 Ancestry test – “Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.” 23andme now offers a test kit at 50% off the price of its DNA + Health test kit. Click here for details – via 23andme
- FREE Expedited Shipping at Amazon Prints – Amazon now helps you create a high-quality printed version of all your digital photos at an amazing price. “Amazon Prints offers high quality, affordable prints of digital photos, delivered by Amazon. Create custom photo books and online photo prints, and receive free standard shipping and free expedited shipping on orders of $15 or more. Every time you print online photos with Amazon Prints, you can customize your order with your favorite photos, themes, paper types, and print sizes. By printing with Amazon, your custom prints are always high quality and made to order especially for you. To get started, upload your photos to Amazon Drive, select your prints, customize your order, and check out.” Click here to get started – via Amazon
- FREE BCG Lectures Online! “Top genealogists Pamela Boyer Sayre, Elizabeth Shown Mills, Ann Staley, Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, David McDonald, and Judy Russell will present six one-hour lectures held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 7 October 2016 between 9 AM and 5 PM Mountain U.S. time. The lectures are free and open to the public (registration is not required), sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. Most will also be broadcast online.” Click here for more information and to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars the the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- FREE! National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair October 26 & 27, 2016! “On October 26 & 27, 2016 (Wednesday & Thursday), the National Archives is hosting a two-day, virtual Genealogy Fair via webcast. Viewers have the opportunity to participate with the presenters and other family historians during the live event on YouTube. All of the session videos and handouts will be available from this web page free of charge. You can watch the sessions and download the materials at your convenience. Registration is not required.” Click here for more information – via National Archives.
- 70% Off New Yearly Subscription at FindMyPast! Get the brand new “Starter” local package for just $34.95 instead of the former price of $114.50! If you’re just starting out on your family history adventure, then this is the package for you. For only $34.95 a year you can access over 2.9 billion records, including US birth, marriage and death records, US immigration and travel records, US newspapers and our collection of UK census records. Click here for more information – via Findmypast
- Family Finder from Family Tree DNA – New Price at $79 per kit! After the amazing Sizzling Summer Sale the past few weeks, Family Tree DNA has lowered the price from $99 to $79. Click here to save – via FamilyTree DNA
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.