This is a weekly feature which will document some of the genea-blogger happenings as they relate to Facebook®.
– This weekly post will now appear here at Geneabloggers instead of my Destination: Austin Family blog. This leaves me free to concentrate more on my research and my surnames over at DAF and I think the weekly Facebook post fits more with the Geneabloggers site’s goals and vision.
– We’ seen an increase of 12 members this week to bring us to 330 as of today. Check out Genea-Bloggers group listing on Facebook. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please let me know and send me their email info!
– As mentioned all over the genealogy blogosphere as well as right here at Geneabloggers, it is like that we will see a great deal of interest in Geneabloggers with the debut of the series “Who Do You Think You Are” on April 20, 2009. Over the next few weeks I’ll be soliciting input and ideas from readers for ways in which we can make our Facebook group more inviting and welcoming to potential new members.
– The feature This Week’s New Geneablogs has also moved over here from DAF and appears each Saturday. Check out the new sites and welcome the new bloggers since many if not all are now members of Geneablggers.
– Don’t forget Weekly Genealogy Blogging Prompt #4: Genealogy Road Trip! “Take a genealogy day trip and blog about it. Discover the local history and genealogy in your area. Take a trip to a cemetery or other historic location. Describe the day, what you learned, where you went, how it looked, how it sounded. Armchair genealogists will love the mini travelogue.”
Again, if anyone has a question as to how to use Facebook, I’d be happy to help. You can always email me directly but if you post your question as a Discussion Topic at the Genea-Bloggers group, you might find that other members also have the same questions.