Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 27 May: Amelia Bloomer’s Birthday – Anniversary, Cellophane Tape patented – Anniversary, and Golden Gate Bridge Opening – Anniversary.
- 28 May: Amnesty International Day, Dionne Quintuplets born – Anniversary, Sierra Club Founded – Anniversary, and Jim Thorpe’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 29 May: Amnesty Issued for Southern Rebels – Anniversary,
Hug Your Cat Day, Indy 500 Race, John F. Kennedy’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mount Everest Summit Reached – Anniversary, Sojourner Truth’s “Ain’t I a Woman” Speech – Anniversary, and Admission Day – Wisconsin.
- 30 May: First American Daily Newspaper published – Anniversary, Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling, Benny Goodman’s Birthday – Anniversary, Loomis Day, and Memorial Day.
- 31 May: Battle of Jutland – 100th Anniversary, Copyright Law Passed – Anniversary, Johnstown Flood – Anniversary, Seinfeld Television Premiere – Anniversary, and Walt Whitman’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 1 June: Admission Day – Kentucky, Admission Day – Tennessee, Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf Hurricane Season Begins, Data Backup Day, Heimlich Maneuver Introduced – Anniversary, LGBT Pride Month begins, Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday – 90th Anniversary, Plymouth Plantation Earthquake – Anniversary, Superman Debuts – Anniversary, and Brigham Young’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 2 June: Coronation Day (UK), Marvin Hamlisch’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Salem Witch Trials Begin – Anniversary.
- 3 June: Josephine Baker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Norman Brinker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Duke of Windsor Marriage – Anniversary, and Zoot Suit Riots – Anniversary.