Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 30 May: First American Daily Newspaper published – Anniversary, Hug Your Cat Day, and Loomis Day.
- 31 May: Copyright Law Passed – Anniversary, Johnstown Flood – 125th Anniversary, Seinfeld Television Premiere – Anniversary
and Walt Whitman’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 1 June: Admission Day – Kentucky, Admission Day – Tennessee, Data Backup Day, Heimlich Maneuver Introduced – Anniversary, Hurricane Season Begins, LGBT Pride Month begins, Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday – Anniversary, Plymouth Plantation Earthquake – Anniversary, Superman Debuts – Anniversary, and Brigham Young’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 2 June: Coronation Day (UK), Marvin Hamlisch’s Birthday – 70th Anniversary, and Salem Witch Trials Begin – Anniversary.
- 3 June: Josephine Baker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Norman Brinker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Casey At The Bat – Anniversary, Duke of Windsor Marriage – Anniversary, and Zoot Suit Riots – Anniversary.
- 4 June: Battle of Midway – Anniversary and Tianamen Square Massacre – 25th Anniversary.
- 5 June: AIDS First Noted – Anniversary, Apple II Computer Released – Anniversary, Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy – Anniversary, and Richard Scarry’s Birthday – 95th Anniversary.
- 6 June: D-Day – 70th Anniversary, First Drive In Movie Opens – Anniversary, and National Donut Day.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee