Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 27 February: African Burial Ground National Monument Established – Anniversary, Marian Anderson’s Birthday – Anniversary, 2nd Amendment to the US Constitution Ratified, and Elizabeth Taylor’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 28 February: M*A*S*H Final Episode Aired – Anniversary, National Tooth Fairy Day, Open That Bottle Night, and USS Princeton Explosion – Anniversary.
- 1 March: Admission Day – Ohio, Admission Day – Nebraska, Celebrate Your Name Week begins, Data Backup Day, Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping – Anniversary, Glenn Miller’s Birthday – Anniversary, Peace Corps Founded 1961, St. David’s Day – Wales, Salem Witch Hysteria begins – Anniversary, Dinah Shore’s Birthday – Anniversary, and William Bradford’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 2 March: Dr. Suess Day, Texas Independence Day
Telecommuter Appreciation Week begins, and The “Sound of Music” film debut – 50th Anniversary.
- 3 March: Admission Day – Florida, Alexander Graham Bell’s Birthday – Anniversary, Missouri Compromise – Anniversary, and National Anthem Day.
- 4 March: Casimir Pulaski’s Birthday – Anniversary, Admission Day – Vermont, Pennsylvania Deeded to William Penn, National Grammar Day, Old Inauguration Day, and Town Meeting Day – Vermont.
- 5 March: Crispus Attucks Day, Boston Massacre – Anniversary, St. Piran’s Day, and Purim.
- 6 March: Dred Scott Decision – Anniversary, Fall of the Alamo – Anniversary, Michelangelo’s Birthday – Anniversary, and National Day of Unplugging.