Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 17 June: Bunker Hill Day (MA), Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Watergate Arrests – Anniversary.
- 18 June: Battle of Waterloo – Anniversary, First American Woman in Space – Anniversary, International Sushi Day, War of 1812 Declaration – Anniversary, World Juggling Day, and Worldwide Knit in Public Day.
- 19 June: Father’s Day (US), Lou Gehrig’s Birthday – Anniversary, Juneteenth, Rosenberg Executions – Anniversary, and World Sauntering Day.
- 20 June: Ed Sullivan Show debuts – Anniversary, First Doctor of Science Earned by a Woman – Anniversary, “Jaws” film debuts – Anniversary, Summer begins – Northern Hemisphere, World Refugee Day, and Admission Day: West Virginia.
- 21 June: Hurricane Agnes – Anniversary.
- 22 June: Fall of France – Anniversary, Joe Lewis v. Max Schmeling Fight – Anniversary, and Soviet Union invaded during WWII – Anniversary.
- 23 June: First typewriter patented – Anniversary, Bob Fosse’s Birthday – Anniversary, Last Formal Surrender of Confederate Troops – Anniversary, and Alan Turing’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 24 June: Battle of Bannockburn – Anniversary, Henry Ward Beecher’s Birthday – Anniversary, Berlin Airlift – Anniversary, Feast of Saint John the Baptist, and Gustavus Swift’s Birthday – Anniversary.