Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 29 May: Amnesty Issued for Southern Rebels – 150th Anniversary, Hug Your Cat Day, John F. Kennedy’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mount Everest Summit Reached – Anniversary, Sojourner Truth’s “Ain’t I a Woman” Speech – Anniversary, and Wisconsin Admission Day.
- 30 May: First American Daily Newspaper published – Anniversary, Benny Goodman’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Loomis Day.
- 31 May: Copyright Law Passed – 225th Anniversary, Johnstown Flood – Anniversary, Seinfeld Television Premiere – 25th Anniversary, and Walt Whitman’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 1 June: Admission Day – Kentucky, Admission Day – Tennessee, Atlantic, Caribbean and Gulf Hurricane Season Begins, Data Backup Day, Heimlich Maneuver Introduced – Anniversary, LGBT Pride Month begins, Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday – Anniversary, Plymouth Plantation Earthquake – Anniversary, Superman Debuts – Anniversary, and Brigham Young’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 2 June: Coronation Day (UK), Full Moon – Strawberry Moon, Marvin Hamlisch’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Salem Witch Trials Begin – Anniversary.
- 3 June: Josephine Baker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Norman Brinker’s Birthday – Anniversary, Duke of Windsor Marriage – Anniversary, and Zoot Suit Riots – Anniversary.
- 4 June: Battle of Midway – Anniversary and Tianamen Square Massacre – Anniversary.
- 5 June: AIDS First Noted – Anniversary, Apple II Computer Released – Anniversary, Robert F. Kennedy Assassination – Anniversary, National Donut Day, and Richard Scarry’s Birthday – Anniversary.