Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 23 May: Bonnie and Clyde Death Anniversary and New York Public Library Anniversary.
- 24 May: Brooklyn Bridge Opening – Anniversary, and First Telegraph Line Opened – Anniversary, and International Tiara Day
- 25 May: Constitutional Convention – Anniversary, Indy 500 Race, National Missing Children Day, National Tap Dance Day, and Towel Day.
- 26 May: Dunkirk Evacuated – Anniversary, Gloucestershire Cheese Rolling, Memorial Day, Spring Bank Holiday (UK), and World Lindy Hop Day.
- 27 May: Amelia Bloomer’s Birthday – Anniversary, Cellophane Tape patented – Anniversary, and Golden Gate Bridge Opening – Anniversary.
- 28 May: Amnesty International Day, Dionne Quintuplets born – Anniversary, Sierra Club Founded – Anniversary, and Jim Thorpe’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 29 May: Ascension Day, John F. Kennedy’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mount Everest Summit Reached – Anniversary, Sojourner Truth’s “Ain’t I a Woman” Speech – Anniversary, and Wisconsin Admission Day.
- 30 May: First American Daily Newspaper published – Anniversary, Hug Your Cat Day, and Loomis Day.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee