Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Genealogy Daze of the Week!
- 24 February: Gregorian Calendar Day – Anniversary, Hadassah Founded – Anniversary, and Steve Jobs’ Birthday – Anniversary.
- 25 February: Enrico Caruso’s Birthday – Anniversary, Open That Bottle Night, Pierre Auguste Renoir’s Birthday – Anniversary, and “Your Show of Show” Television Debut – Anniversary.
- 26 February: Academy Awards, Johnny Cash’s Birthday – Anniversary, Grand Canyon National Park Established – Anniversary, and World Trade Center Bombing of 1993 – Anniversary.
- 27 February: African Burial Ground National Monument Established – Anniversary, Marian Anderson’s Birthday – Anniversary, 22nd Amendment to the US Constitution Ratified, and Elizabeth Taylor’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 28 February: Mardi Gras, M*A*S*H Final Episode Aired – Anniversary, National Tooth Fairy Day, International Pancake Day, Paczki Day, Shrove Tuesday, and USS Princeton Explosion – Anniversary.
- 1 March: Admission Day – Ohio, Admission Day – Nebraska, Ash Wednesday, Data Backup Day, William Bradford’s Birthday – Anniversary, Irish-American History Month begins, Lindbergh Baby Kidnapping – Anniversary, Glenn Miller’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Women’s History Month begins, Peace Corps Founded – Anniversary, St. David’s Day – Wales, Salem Witch Hysteria begins – Anniversary, and Dinah Shore’s Birthday – 100th Anniversary.
- 2 March: Dr. Suess Day, Texas Independence Day, and The “Sound of Music” film debut – Anniversary.
- 3 March: Admission Day – Florida, Alexander Graham Bell’s Birthday – Anniversary, Missouri Compromise – Anniversary, and National Anthem Day.