Are you ready to take your Scrivener skills to the next level? Perhaps you have been exploring how to use this combination word processor and project management tool for your genealogy/family history writing projects. Now, it’s time to build on the introductory instruction of the Getting Started with Scrivener Mini Boot Camp and tap into the true power of Scrivener.
Here’s what you will get in Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp:
- Review the Scrivener interface, and its four main modes: Outline, Document View, Corkboard, and Scrivenings.
- Learn how to use Scrivener’s organizational tools such as labels, collections, the outliner, project notes, scratch pad, and more!
- Get tips on how the best ways to import research files and other content, and how to customize your Scrivener experience.
- Learn how to do more with the “Inspector” and how to use it to monitor your work.
- Develop a better understanding of working with revisions, printing, compiling, and exporting your work.
- Walk through a mini-writing project from start to finish: starting with a template, and following it through writing mode, corkboard mode, and outline mode.
*Pre-Requisite: To get the most out of this boot camp, it is highly recommended that attendees watch the “Getting Started with Scrivener” Boot Camp video (http://hackgenealogy.com/scrivener-miniboot-camp-started-scrivener/) or have experience using Scrivener on their own. Also, if you haven’t done so, it is also highly recommended that you download the free trial version of Scrivener (Available for Mac or Windows) at http://www.literatureandlatte.com/index.php before the boot camp in order to maximize your learning experience.
Bonus Handout: In addition to the webinar handout, attendees will receive a free “Family History Writer Toolkit” complete with links to Scrivener resources and an “Ancestor Profile” template (Mac and Windows versions) [Note: The templates will be .scriv files, designed to work specifically with the Scrivener program].
SPECIAL BONUS: Lisa Alzo has negotiated a special 20% OFF DISCOUNT on the purchase of Scrivener for those attending the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp. To take advantage of this discount, select the regular license for Scrivener for either Mac (http://www.lisaalzo.com/ScrivenerMac) or Windows (http://www.lisaalzo.com/ScrivenerWindows) and add it to the shopping cart, then enter the coupon code LISAALZO in the “Coupon Code:” field at the top of the shopping cart page. A 20% discount will be shown in the shopping cart, and license details will be sent upon completion of the purchase.
Sign Up for the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp Today!
With the Scrivener II Beyond the Basics Mini Boot Camp you’ll receive 1.5 hours of educational content for a special low price of $7.95! You’ll receive an extensive handout, a special Scrivener “freebie” created by instructor Lisa Alzo, as well access to the recorded version of the webinar for up to one year!
Register by Monday, 18 January 2016 and receive $2 off the registration price for a low $5.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handout, the freebie and access to the recording!
Saturday 23 January 2016
Duration: 1.5 hours
- 11:00 am EST /10:00 am CST
Scrivener II: Beyond the Basics
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Lisa Alzo – Presenter
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer, and writing coach with over 25 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of ten books, including: Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle/Your Genealogy Today, Internet Genealogy, APG Quarterly, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” blog at http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to regsiter and to go to PayPal and make payment. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We have no way of sending you the registration link or password otherwise! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to the webinar.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use for a period of one (1) year. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.