UPDATE: As of Saturday, 27 September 2014, this boot camp is SOLD OUT with all 100 seats filled! Click here to find out how to get on the waiting list!
Come join well-known genealogy educators Lisa Alzo and Thomas MacEntee as they team up to offer a unique education event: Mastering Evernote for Genealogy Bootcamp! On Saturday, 18 October 2014, you’ll be able to learn from two experts on how to use Evernote – the popular and FREE note taking application – to assist you with your genealogy research.
Already think you know Evernote? You might be surprised at even some of the “basics” you may not know that are important for a solid understanding of Evernote. Here’s what you’ll get from this new Bootcamp:
- Learn the basics of using Evernote including how to set up your account, how to create notes and notebooks, and how to organize items using tags and stacks.
- Review the various apps and websites for Evernote and how to keep your data synchronized across multiple devices.
- Practical applications for research that go beyond simple note taking: templates, tables, lists, scanning documents and more.
- We’ll even venture outside of the genealogy arena and show you how Evernote can become your own virtual assistant and keep your daily activities organized!
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content, handouts and freebies for the low price of $12.95! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar for up to one year!
Register by Monday, 13 October 2014 and receive $3 off the registration price for a low $9.95! Space is limited and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Win A Free Registration!
That’s right. You could attend this Blogger Boot Camp for free if you are selected as our Registration Rebate winner! Simply register and pay for the upcoming Boot Camp by the early-bird deadline of 13 October 2014. We’ll select one person from the list of registrants and refund their entire registration fee! No contest forms to fill out! We’ll announce the winner here at Hack Genealogy on Tuesday 14 October 2014.
Saturday 18 October 2014
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 11:00 am EDT /10:00 am CDT
Welcome / Meet & Greet
- 11:15 am EDT / 10:15 am CDT
- 12:30 pm EDT/11:30 am CDT
- 1:00 pm EDT /12:00 pm CDT
Getting Even More from Evernote
Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
- 2:30 pm EDT / 1:30 pm CDT
Closing and Thank You
Presented by: Thomas MacEntee
Have you ever wondered about Evernote and why genealogists are using it for their research? Have you even gone so far as downloading the free app and installing it but you wonder, “Now what?” Even if you consider yourself an Evernote user, you’ll learn some new ways of using the program in this “basics” class. We’ll cover everything an Evernote user should know about the program and focus on ways to use it for genealogy research.*
* Attendees will also receive access to a free Evernote Toolbox.
Getting Even More from Evernote
Presented by: Lisa A. Alzo, M.F.A.
Are you an Evernote enthusiast? Do you want to get even more from this popular organizational and note-taking app and discover how to harness its power for your genealogy research and writing? In this session: we’ll cover
- How to use schedule reminders and create checklists to stay organized.
- Utilizing the camera and audio recorder for capturing and sharing family history.
- Suggestions for using free add-on programs such as Skitch and Penultimate for developing ideas, and annotating screen captures and documents.
- How to use shortcuts, keyboard commands, and other features to increase your productivity.
- Ways to utilize specialty features such as Clearly and Food, and third-party apps (such as CamScanner and EverClip) for smartphones and tablets.
You will also receive additional tips, hints, and resources to help you get even more from Evernote!
Lisa A. Alzo is a freelance writer, instructor, and lecturer with over 20 years’ experience in the field of genealogy. She earned a Master of Fine Arts degree in Nonfiction Writing from the University of Pittsburgh, and is the author of nine books, including: Finding Your Slovak Ancestors, Writing Your Family History Book, and the award-winning Three Slovak Women. Lisa has written hundreds of articles and her work has appeared in Family Tree Magazine, Family Chronicle, Internet Genealogy, APG Quarterly, among others. An internationally recognized speaker, Lisa blogs as “The Accidental Genealogist” blog http://www.theaccidentalgenealogist.com. For more information see http://www.lisaalzo.com.
Thomas Mac Entee
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. He’s also created an online community of over 3,000 family history bloggers known as GeneaBloggers. His most recent endeavor, Hack Genealogy, is an attempt to “re-purpose today’s technology for tomorrow’s genealogy.”
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to go to PayPal and make payment or click here. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive links to register for each webinar. You must register for both webinars if you want to participate in both webinars.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of Boot Camp, you’ll receive the passwords for each webinar as well as links to all the handouts and freebies to you can review them before we start.
- After the webinars, all registrants will have access to the recordings for personal use for a period of one (1) year. Recordings will be hosted on Vimeo and set to play only on a specific page here at Hack Genealogy. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2014, copyright Thomas MacEntee