[Editor’s note: We received the following information about a genealogy-related contest specifically for bloggers and we wanted to pass this on to our readers.]
Crestleaf, a leading provider of free genealogy information and a free online collaboration tool for families to document their family history, is giving away a $250 Amazon gift card to one blogger who creates the most creative surname post this holiday season.
How to Enter
1. Pick a fun theme for a blog post (TV shows, celebrities, movies, cars, states, nicknames, cities in California, etc.).
2. Create a blog post revolved around surnames from the Crestleaf genealogy records database. Here are some examples of posts you can mimic:
25 Thanksgiving Surnames You’ll be Thankful For
Halloween Genealogy: Scary Surnames You’ll Never Believe Exist
3. Submit your entry to “firstname.lastname@example.org” with a link to your blog post and your email address, with this subject: Crestleaf Surname Scavenger Hunt.
4. Crestleaf will pick the 5 most creative posts and open up a public voting contest on December 15th, 2014 on our blog: http://crestleaf.com/blog. The post with the most votes on December 18th, at noon ET, will win.
5. Winner receives a $250 gift card to Amazon along with a feature on the Crestleaf blog and social media accounts.
Click here to read the complete article along with the contest rules.