UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Monday, September 19, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- Sale on Genealogy Decals! Shop for some fun decals for the car, the home, your genealogy cave . . . show off your love of genealogy and family history! Click here to shop – via Amazon
- FREE Webinar – Finding Evidence of Kinship in Military Records presented by Rick Sayre, CG, CGL, FUGA as part of the Board for Certification of Genealogists series, Tuesday, September 20th, 7:00pm Central – “With the ever expanding digital resources available today we can find evidence of kinship in military records often neglected. Records such as pensions, service records, medical records, and even pension payment records are increasingly available. However, our need to ensure that we conduct “reasonably exhaustive research” required by the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS) will often times require research in original textual records. This webinar will focus on finding kinship information in both online and textual military records.” Click here to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- FREE Webinar Recording – The Treasure Trove in Legislative Petitions presented by Judy Russell, JD, CG, CGL, “As colonists and as citizens of the new United States, Americans were fiercely protective of their right to petition their government. Whether the issue was forming new counties, building bridges and highways, or some matter of public concern, our ancestors made their voices heard in legislative petitions that are a treasure trove for genealogists.” Click here to view recording for FREE through September 20th – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Save 35% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – regularly $29.99 print version, Shop Family Tree has the book on sale for $22.99 BUT use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and get an extra 15% off! “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available. This plain-English guide is a one-stop resource for how to use DNA testing for genealogy. Inside, you’ll find guidance on what DNA tests are available, plus the methodologies and pros and cons of the three major testing companies and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific genealogy questions.” Use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an extra 15% of the current sale price! Click here to order – via Shop Family Tree
- FREE! National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair October 26 & 27, 2016! “On October 26 & 27, 2016 (Wednesday & Thursday), the National Archives is hosting a two-day, virtual Genealogy Fair via webcast. Viewers have the opportunity to participate with the presenters and other family historians during the live event on YouTube. All of the session videos and handouts will be available from this web page free of charge. You can watch the sessions and download the materials at your convenience. Registration is not required.” Click here for more information – via National Archives.
- 70% Off New Yearly Subscription at FindMyPast! Get the brand new “Starter” local package for just $34.95 instead of the former price of $114.50! If you’re just starting out on your family history adventure, then this is the package for you. For only $34.95 a year you can access over 2.9 billion records, including US birth, marriage and death records, US immigration and travel records, US newspapers and our collection of UK census records. Click here for more information – via Findmypast
- 20% OFF – The Stranger In My Genes – amazing new DNA journey by CNBC host Bill Griffeth – hardcover edition was $29.95, now just $23.96; e-book was $24.99, now just $19.99. “Bill Griffeth, longtime genealogy buff, takes a DNA test that has an unexpected outcome: “If the results were correct, it meant that the family I had spent years documenting was not my own.” Bill undertakes a quest to solve the mystery of his origins, a quest which will shake his sense of identity. As he takes us on his journey, we learn about choices made by his ancestors, parents, and others–and we see Bill measure and weigh his own difficult choices as he confronts the past.” Note: Amazon’s price is still $29.99, only on pre-order and no discount! Click here to save – via American Ancestors
- Save 83% – Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection – includes Blaine Bettinger’s new book The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy! Regularly $599.85, now just $99.99! “ Your DNA results are a fantastic tool in your genealogy research. In fact, genetic genealogy can be the key to breaking down pesky brick walls and find new branches of your family tree. Get the most out of your DNA results and discover how to dig deeper into your family history with the resources in this huge collection. You’ll get everything from a breakdown of the types of tests offered to how to use your results to find living relatives and common ancestors. And with a whopping 83% discount, you’ll discover a plethora of tools and techniques for understanding and analyzing your results, from GEDMatch and Evernote to triangulation and new ways to view your own tree, to solve family mysteries and break down brick walls.” Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
- Family Finder from Family Tree DNA – New Price at $79 per kit! After the amazing Sizzling Summer Sale the past few weeks, Family Tree DNA has lowered the price from $99 to $79. Click here to save – via FamilyTree DNA
- EXCLUSIVE! Save $5 more on already reduced Historical Maps Collection from Shop Family Tree! Normally $124.96, sale price is $59.99 PLUS if you use promo code THOMASMAP5 at checkout, take an additional $5 off for a total of $54.99! “Beyond being beautiful artifacts of bygone times, historical maps can prove particularly useful in your genealogy research. Old maps help you visualize your family history, showing the places your ancestors lived and worked. They can be valuable for pinpointing your ancestral village, discovering county boundary changes or documenting country border shifts. Enhance your family history search with the maps and how-to videos in the Historical Maps Premium Collection.” Offer expires September 30, 2016 – click here for more info – via Shop Family Tree.
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.