UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Tuesday, March 24, 2015
- 82% OFF – The Lives They Left Behind: Suitcases from a State Hospital Attic – an amazing book about “more than 400 abandoned suitcases filled with patients’ belongings that were found when Willard Psychiatric Center closed in 1995 after 125 years of operation. They are skillfully examined here and compared to the written record to create a moving—and devastating—group portrait of twentieth-century American psychiatric care” – normally $11.99, now only $2.99 via Amazon.
- 10% off everything at both www.legacyfamilytreestore.com AND www.familytreewebinars.com – use coupon code ireland5 at checkout – good through Tuesday, March 24th via Legacy Family Tree
- 25% OFF Scrivener software – use promo code 25OFFSCRIV now through March 24th – via Writer’s Digest
- Save over 30% on Audio Tape Digital Transfer – are you sitting on a pile of cassette tapes containing interviews of family members? Want to convert them to digital files so you can preserve them? Larsen Digital has an AMAZING SALE right now – convert an entire cassette tape (sides A and B) for $14.99 each (normally $21.99 each). Click here to get started and select the conversion type you need. PLUS use promo code THOMAS2015 and get an additional 10% off! Offer ends March 29th – via Larsen Digital
- FREE Webinar – Where Does It Say That? Learning to Love Indirect Evidence – with Chris Staats – Wednesday, March 25, 2015, 1pm Central – SIGN UP TODAY – via Legacy Family Tree.Direct evidence, the sort of evidence that completely answers a research question by itself, is often scarce. Without any documents telling us exactly what we want to know, how do we identify relationships that might not be stated explicitly, resolve conflicts between records, and arrive at sound genealogical conclusions? By collecting, analyzing, and correlating indirect evidence of course! The Henry McGinnis family of 19th century rural Pennsylvania provides a good example of using mostly indirect evidence to reconstruct a family which left precious little for descendants to work with.
- 30% all items at Genealogical Publishing Company – use promo code SS30 at checkout – via Genealogical Publishing Company
- SPECIAL DISCOUNT on Evidentia Software – for fans and followers of Genealogy Bargains – use promo code HIDEFGEN at checkout and get 15% off the list price – you pay $25.49 instead of $29.99 – via Evidentia
“Evidentia not only solves the problems facing the genealogy community, but also simplifies the process of analyzing evidence and creating proof arguments while still following the Genealogical Proof Standard (GPS).” There is also a FREE 14-day trial available! If you haven’t checked out this amazing software, you really it owe to yourself and your genealogy research to do so!
- SPECIAL OFFER – 20% discount on any one order placed with Genealogy Ebooks – use promo code GB1503 in the coupon code box in the shopping cart – via Genealogy Ebooks
And there are several great sale items – like Chris Paton’s British and Irish Newspapers e-book now only $3.95 (prices are in Australian Dollars – so for those of us in the United States this is an even better bargain ($1 AUD = $0.77 USD)!
- 10% Off Photo and Slide Scanning – use promo code Thomas2015 and save – via Larsen Digital
- Save 30% on Ancestry.com World Subscription if you have an AARP Membership – this offer expires on March 31st – via Ancestry.com
- Save 70% on Tracing Your Irish Family History on the Internet: A Guide for Family Historians by Chris Paton – regularly $19.99, now $5.99! I met the author Chris Paton last year while teaching on a genealogy cruise in Australia. I heard several of his lectures and I can tell you this: the man know his stuff and is a wealth of knowledge on UK, Scottish, and Irish genealogy!
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.