UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Monday, September 26, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- FREE Webinar – Beginning Polish Genealogy presented by Jonathan Shea, AG – Wednesday, September 28th, 2016, 1:00 pm Central – “Curious about your Polish roots but don’t know where to begin? We will explore document sources in the US to help find your ancestral birthplace then we will take you across the ocean to search in the of archives of Poland, and much more.” Click here to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Save 35% on photo books at Blurb! What a great way to prepare for the upcoming holidays – you can easily create a photo book based on your genealogy research or even a family heritage cookbook! Use promo code COOKBOOK35 at checkout to save! Click here to get started – offer expires 11:59 pm on Tuesday September 27th! Via Blurb
- New Legacy Quick Guide: Swedish Genealogy by Ralph Kjellgren – “The Swedish emigration to America started in the early 19th century. At the end of the 1860s, Sweden experienced bad harvests due to weather conditions. This, in combination with religious intolerance, calling ups for military services, high population growth and poverty, resulted in more than more than 1.5 million Swedes emigrating to America after the US Civil War. In the US 1880 Census, the number of “svensk-amerikaner” (Americans of Swedish descent) was about 800,000. Around 1900 Chicago had the second largest Swedish population of any city in the world; only Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, had more.” The Swedish Genealogy Legacy QuickGuide™ contains valuable research strategy to help you find your Swedish ancestors. This handy 6-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access. Click here to order – via Legacy Family Tree
- UPDATED Legacy Quick Guide: West Virginia Genealogy by Peggy Clemens Lauritzen, AG – “To be successful in your West Virginia research, you must first begin with the state of Virginia. West Virginia may be known as the northernmost southern state, or the southernmost northern state. With the land originally belonging to Virginia, heightened feelings during the American Civil War, along with the decision to not secede from the Union separated fifty counties from Virginia. The state of West Virginia was created 20 Jun 1863, and is known as “The Mountain State”, for good reason.” Looking to find those elusive Mountain State ancestors? The West Virginia Genealogy Legacy QuickGuide™ contains useful information including a timeline of West Virginia history events, tips on West Virginia research strategy, outline of major migration routes, and more. Also included are links to websites and resources covering vital records, church records, census records, as well as general West Virginia resources. This handy 8-page PDF guide can be used on your computer or mobile device for anytime access. Click here to order – via Legacy Family Tree
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- NEW LOWER PRICE! Now save 47% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy – regularly $29.99 print version, Shop Family Tree has the book on sale for $19.99 BUT use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and get an extra 15% off! – final price is just $16.99! “Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available. This plain-English guide is a one-stop resource for how to use DNA testing for genealogy. Inside, you’ll find guidance on what DNA tests are available, plus the methodologies and pros and cons of the three major testing companies and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific genealogy questions.” Use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an extra 15% of the current sale price! Click here to order – via Shop Family Tree
- 23andme Introduces $99 Ancestry test – “Experience your ancestry in a new way! Get a breakdown of your global ancestry by percentages, connect with DNA relatives and more.” 23andme now offers a test kit at 50% off the price of its DNA + Health test kit. Click here for details – via 23andme
- FREE Expedited Shipping at Amazon Prints – Amazon now helps you create a high-quality printed version of all your digital photos at an amazing price. “Amazon Prints offers high quality, affordable prints of digital photos, delivered by Amazon. Create custom photo books and online photo prints, and receive free standard shipping and free expedited shipping on orders of $15 or more. Every time you print online photos with Amazon Prints, you can customize your order with your favorite photos, themes, paper types, and print sizes. By printing with Amazon, your custom prints are always high quality and made to order especially for you. To get started, upload your photos to Amazon Drive, select your prints, customize your order, and check out.” Click here to get started – via Amazon
- FREE BCG Lectures Online! “Top genealogists Pamela Boyer Sayre, Elizabeth Shown Mills, Ann Staley, Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, David McDonald, and Judy Russell will present six one-hour lectures held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 7 October 2016 between 9 AM and 5 PM Mountain U.S. time. The lectures are free and open to the public (registration is not required), sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. Most will also be broadcast online.” Click here for more information and to register – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars the the Board for Certification of Genealogists.
- FREE! National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair October 26 & 27, 2016! “On October 26 & 27, 2016 (Wednesday & Thursday), the National Archives is hosting a two-day, virtual Genealogy Fair via webcast. Viewers have the opportunity to participate with the presenters and other family historians during the live event on YouTube. All of the session videos and handouts will be available from this web page free of charge. You can watch the sessions and download the materials at your convenience. Registration is not required.” Click here for more information – via National Archives.
- 70% Off New Yearly Subscription at FindMyPast! Get the brand new “Starter” local package for just $34.95 instead of the former price of $114.50! If you’re just starting out on your family history adventure, then this is the package for you. For only $34.95 a year you can access over 2.9 billion records, including US birth, marriage and death records, US immigration and travel records, US newspapers and our collection of UK census records. Click here for more information – via Findmypast
- 20% OFF – The Stranger In My Genes – amazing new DNA journey by CNBC host Bill Griffeth – hardcover edition was $29.95, now just $23.96; e-book was $24.99, now just $19.99. “Bill Griffeth, longtime genealogy buff, takes a DNA test that has an unexpected outcome: “If the results were correct, it meant that the family I had spent years documenting was not my own.” Bill undertakes a quest to solve the mystery of his origins, a quest which will shake his sense of identity. As he takes us on his journey, we learn about choices made by his ancestors, parents, and others–and we see Bill measure and weigh his own difficult choices as he confronts the past.” Note: Amazon’s price is still $29.99, only on pre-order and no discount! Click here to save – via American Ancestors
- Save 83% – Genetic Genealogy MEGA Collection – includes Blaine Bettinger’s new book The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy! Regularly $599.85, now just $99.99! “ Your DNA results are a fantastic tool in your genealogy research. In fact, genetic genealogy can be the key to breaking down pesky brick walls and find new branches of your family tree. Get the most out of your DNA results and discover how to dig deeper into your family history with the resources in this huge collection. You’ll get everything from a breakdown of the types of tests offered to how to use your results to find living relatives and common ancestors. And with a whopping 83% discount, you’ll discover a plethora of tools and techniques for understanding and analyzing your results, from GEDMatch and Evernote to triangulation and new ways to view your own tree, to solve family mysteries and break down brick walls.” Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
- Family Finder from Family Tree DNA – New Price at $79 per kit! After the amazing Sizzling Summer Sale the past few weeks, Family Tree DNA has lowered the price from $99 to $79. Click here to save – via FamilyTree DNA
- EXCLUSIVE! Save $5 more on already reduced Historical Maps Collection from Shop Family Tree! Normally $124.96, sale price is $59.99 PLUS if you use promo code THOMASMAP5 at checkout, take an additional $5 off for a total of $54.99! “Beyond being beautiful artifacts of bygone times, historical maps can prove particularly useful in your genealogy research. Old maps help you visualize your family history, showing the places your ancestors lived and worked. They can be valuable for pinpointing your ancestral village, discovering county boundary changes or documenting country border shifts. Enhance your family history search with the maps and how-to videos in the Historical Maps Premium Collection.” Offer expires September 30, 2016 – click here for more info – via Shop Family Tree.
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.