UPDATED GENEALOGY BARGAINS for Thursday, August 18, 2016
Don’t forget that 5% of all revenue generated by Genealogy Bargains is given back to the genealogy community! Check out The Genealogy Fairy for more information!
NEW Genealogy Bargains
- FREE Webinar Recording – Successfully Applying to a Lineage Society presented by Amy Johnson Crow, CG – “Applying to a lineage society is a way to honor your ancestor as well as improve your research and citation skills. Learn how to find a society, compile the documentation, and keep your sanity in the process.” Click here to view for FREE through August 23rd – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
EXPIRING SOON Genealogy Bargains
- Amazing Summer Sale at Family Tree DNA – save $30 on Family Finder DNA test kit, normally $99, now just $69! While sales at other genealogy DNA vendors occur frequently, it is rare to have a sale this good and on a great product! Click here to save – via Family Tree DNA
ONGOING Genealogy Bargains
- 1TB External Hard Drive – only $49.99! Seagate Expansion 1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0, normally $69.99, save 20% and pay only $49.99. Plus, free shipping for Amazon Prime members! This is lowest price so far for a 1TB external hard drive – make sure all your genealogy data is preserved! Click here to save – via Amazon.
- FREE Recording – Another Kind of Navigation: GPS for Genealogy presented by Shellee Morehead, CG – “This lecture describes the 5 steps of the Genealogical Proof Standard to establish proof of identities and relationships. Shellee will present examples at each step, along with a case study of a complex problem that was solved with research, creativity, attention to detail and a defined process. See how reasonably exhaustive research, accurate citations, analysis and correlation of data, the resolution of conflicting data and a reasoned, written conclusion was used to identify the parents of a Civil War soldier who shaved 10 years off his age and complicated the search for this relationship.” Click here to view for FREE through August 23rd – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars and Board for Certification of Genealogists
- Sale on Will and Probate Records Books at Genealogical Publishing Company! Genealogical.com publishes scores of collections of will records, most of them dating from before the American Civil War. These include volumes on most of the original Thirteen States/Colonies, the “Old Northwest,” and the “Old Southwest,” and compendia of European wills. For the next four days, moreover, you can select from a baker’s dozen of our will book titles at savings of 40% or more. You will want to take advantage of these great savings while you can– sale prices expire at 11:59 p.m. EDT, Monday August 15, 2016.
Foundations in DNA webinar series now available at Legacy Family Tree Webinars – presented by Blaine Bettinger – “For the first time, a comprehensive beginning DNA genealogy course is available online, worldwide, from genetic genealogist, Blaine Bettinger. He is the founder of one of genetic genealogy’s earliest blogs, The Genetic Genealogist. The five-class series introduces you to genetic genealogy and then progressively takes you through the various tests, taking the mystery out of DNA.”
The 5-class series – Foundations in DNA includes:
- Foundations in DNA 1: Genealogy and DNA
- Foundations in DNA 2: DNA Overview
- Foundations in DNA 3: Y-DNA
- Foundations in DNA 4: Mitochondrial DNA
- Foundations in DNA 5: Autosomal DNA
Click here for more info – via Legacy Family Tree Webinars
- Everyday Low Prices on Genealogy and Family History! Dig deeper into your ancestry with the genealogy books and family tree software that have helped so many other genealogists and general hobbyists discover their past, Enjoy your ancestry lookup to the fullest, right from the start, and learn to research by state, research your family heritage, dive into genealogy records, and step back in time by using family photos and heirlooms to unlock your family’s secrets.” And use promo code SFTTHOMAS16 at checkout and save an additional 15%! Click here to save – via Shop Family Tree
All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Follow Us on Pinterest
All new deals are posted to Pinterest – follow us there!
Follow GeneaBloggers’s board Genealogy Bargains on Pinterest.
©2016, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.