UPDATE: This is the latest information, dated Tuesday 3 March 2015, from Ancestry.com concerning the AARP discount allowing savings of 30% on a World subscription. Recently there was some confusion as to when the discount expired, whether it would be renewed, and how the discount could be used for existing Ancestry.com members. Please read the important information below.
AARP Agreement with Ancestry.com
- The original agreement with AARP was for one-year and we are working to renew that contract now
- The current agreement with AARP will expire March 31st but we are almost certain we will have the new contact signed by then so members will see no lapse in opportunity to sign up for the discount
- The contract with AARP does not affect Ancestry’s agreement with our members in offering the discount. Even if the agreement was not renewed with AARP, we will still be offering the discount to our members who already signed up for the time agreed upon
Personal Use of the AARP Discount
- You can only use the AARP discount of 30% one time (the discount only works for World Explorer)
- Regardless of what duration of membership you have, the discount will last up to 1-year
- After receiving a year of the discount, you will be billed at the normal rate
- If you are already an Ancestry member, simply call into our customer support line no more than 1 month before the end of your contract and we can migrate you over to the AARP discount (if you are monthly we can change you over at any time)
- You can move over at any point but you will lose the remainder of your current subscription…so better to just wait until it runs out.
©2015, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.