The Daily Blogging Prompts are arguably one of the most popular features here at GeneaBloggers. Why so? Here are some reasons:
- the themes make it easier for new bloggers and helps give them structure and a sense of belonging in this community that is new to them
- unifies the genealogy blogging community around a specific topic
- the themes get folks to look at the same topic from different perspectives by reading other blog posts
- make it easier for bloggers to post; serves as an ongoing editorial calendar for genealogy bloggers
The most popular themes are Tombstone Tuesday and Wordless Wednesday when each day can garner 50 or more posts!
But there are times when you just need to change things up, redo the house, wear something new as it were. So we’ve been thinking about various ways to make some changes to the Daily Blogging Prompts. We are totally open to your ideas and suggestions. See the prompts below to get this week’s Open Thread Thursday rolling.
* * *
So, what do you think we here at GeneaBloggers should do with the Daily Blogging Prompts? Weigh in with your opinion either in the comments or at your own blog (and leave a link here in the comments).
- Should we stick with just one theme per day and with the current set of themes?
- Should we rotate the themes on a schedule – quarterly or semi-annually?
- Should we have a menu of themes for each day and under a general posting for that day, complete with roll up widgets etc.?
- What new themes would you suggest?
- Would it be appropriate to have a specific theme or a day sponsored by a genealogy vendor or site?
©2010, copyright Thomas MacEntee