I know that October is a busy time of year for genealogy and family history enthusiasts since it is National Family History Month – and it seems there is a different genealogy conference each weekend!
But the one you’ll really want to attend, especially if you are within driving distance of the St. Louis, Missouri area, is the Illinois State Genealogical Society 2014 Fall Conference on Friday 25 October and Saturday 26 October, 2014. The conference will be held in O’Fallon, Illinois which is just “over the river” from St. Louis – if your are within driving distance this conference will be worth attending!
Reasons Why You Should Attend
Here is why you’ll want to attend the ISGS Fall 2014 Conference:
- Two words: Mark Lowe. Mark Lowe, CG, FUGA is one of the best speakers on the genealogy circuit and you don’t want to miss the opportunity to be a part of his talks. Besides the banquet talk on Friday night, Mark will present Saturday lectures including “Early River Towns,” “Cheap Land on the Prairie (Or That’s What the Railroad Man Said…)” and other topics.
- A total of 16 lectures over the course of a day and half covering a variety of topics of interest to genealogists. Check the program here.
- Convenient location: The conference is located at the Regency Conference Center in O’Fallon, Illinois and is connected with the host hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn.
- Your registration fee for Saturday attendance includes lunch! Early Bird Registration ends on 1 October 2014 – register today!
- Speakers include Tony Burroughs, FUGA, Patricia Walls Stamm, CGS CGL, LaDonna Garner, M.A., CG, and Gwyneth Podeschi, Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.
- Large vendor hall with many exhibitors selling books, supplies and more! What genealogists doesn’t like shopping for new genea-toys?
- The chance to network with other genealogists – who knows, you might meet a new cousin!
You can get all the information you need right here – I hope to see you in O’Fallon in October!
©2014, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.