Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- November 9: Kristallnacht, National Young Reader’s Day
- November 10: Area Code Day, Forget-Me-Not Day, US Marine Corps Day
- November 11: Armistice Day, Remembrance Day, Veteran’s Day (US)
- November 12: National Gaming Day, Veteran’s Day Observed (US), World Orpans Day
- November 13: Diwali, World Kindness Day, Young Readers Day
- November 14: World Diabetes Day
- November 15: Clean Your Refrigerator Day, Great American Smoke Out
- November 16: International Day of Tolerance
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 46: Large Genealogy Vendor. Which big genealogy vendor is your favorite one to see at conferences? What does this vendor offer the genealogy community?
Why do you like visiting this vendor in the exhibit hall?
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, November 11, 2012 through Saturday, November 17, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee