Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- November 16: International Day of Tolerance
- November 17: Guiness World Record Day, National Adoption Day
- November 18: Mickey Mouse Day
- November 19: Have a Bad Day Day, World Toilet Day
- November 20: Name Your PC Day
- November 21: World Hello Day, World Television Day
- November 22: Go for a Ride Day, Thanksgiving (US)
- November 23: Black Friday, Buy Nothing Day, Dr. Who Day, Fibonnaci Day
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 47: Small Genealogy Vendor. Which small genealogy vendor is your favorite one to see at genealogy conferences? What does this vendor offer to the genealogy community? Why do you like visiting this vendor in the exhibit hall? Share web site links or contact information for this vendor so others can benefit from their products.
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, November 18, 2012 through Saturday, November 24, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee