Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Who Do You Think You Are? Season 2
Don’t forget to tune in to the new season of Who Do You Think You Are? tonight, Friday, March 4, 2011 at 8:00pm EST/ 7:00 pm CST on NBC. Tonight’s episode features Lionel Richie!
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, March 4, 2011 starting at 10PM EST, 9PM CST, 8PM MST and 7PM PST! The two hour show will feature a discussion of the WDYTYA episode with Lionel Richie, genealogy news and more – even door prizes! Our special guest will be Cyndi Howells of Cyndi’s List as we help her celebrate the 15th anniversary of this great genealogy resource. For details on how you can listen and even use the chat room, click here.
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may or may have not noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- March 4: Admission Day (Vermont), Charter Day (Pennsylvania), St. Casimir’s Day (Poland), World Day of Prayer, formerly Inauguration Day (US) until 1937
- March 5: Crispus Attucks Day (anniversary of the Boston Massacre in 1770) (US), Potty Dance Day
- March 6: Orthodox Cheesefare Sunday, Shrovetide, Alamo Day (US – Texas), 154th Anniversary of the Dred Scott Decision (US)
- Week of March 6 – March 12: Celebrate Your Name Week, National Procrastination Week, Read an E-Book Week, Return the Borrowed Books Week, Teen Tech Week
- March 7: Labour Day (Australia), Pulaski Day (US – Illinois)
- March 8: Mardi Gras, Shrove Tuesday, International Women’s Day, International Pancake Day, Organize Your Home Office Day
- March 9: Ash Wednesday, Barbie Day
- March 10: International Day of Awesomeness, World Kidney Day
- March 11: Johnny Appleseed Day (US), Middle Name Pride Day
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
We are now at 1,480 members this week at GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please tell them about our Facebook group!
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 10: Disasters. Did you experience any natural disasters in your lifetime? Tell us about them. If not, then discuss these events that happened to parents, grandparents or others in your family.
We’ll list a new challenge each Saturday which should be completed by the following Friday.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2011 copyright, Thomas MacEntee