Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, January 20, 2012 starting at 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain and 6PM Pacific. Tonight’s show episode is entitled: Go Local: Local History and Genealogy.
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- January 20: International Fetish Day, National Cheese Lover’s Day
- January 21: National Hug Day
- January 22: Answer Your Cat’s Question Day
- January 23: Chinese New Year, National Pie Day (US), National Handwriting Day (US)
- January 24: Belly Laugh Day, National Peanut Butter Day (US)
- January 25: Burns Night (Scotland)
- January 26: Admission Day (Michigan), Australia Day (AU)
- January 27: International Holocaust Remembrance Day
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 4 – Free Offline Genealogy Tools: For which free offline genealogy tool are you most grateful? How did you find this tool and how has it benefitted your genealogy? Describe to others how to access this tool and spread the genealogy love.
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, January 22 through Saturday, January 28, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee