Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, April 13, 2012 starting at 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain and 6PM Pacific. Tonight’s show episode is entitled: 1940 Census Success Stories
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- April 6: Good Friday, National Tartan Day (US), New Beers Eve (US), Passover begins at sunset
- April 7: International Pillow Fight Day, National Beer Day (US), No Housework Day, World Health Day
- April 8: Easter
- April 9: Dyngus Day
- April 10: ASPCA Day (US), One Day Without Shoes Day (US), Safety Pin Day
- April 11: International “Louie Louie” Day
- April 12: Halifax Day (US – NC), National Licorice Day (US)
- April 13: Blame Someone Else Day, Friday the 13th, Jefferson’s Birthday (US)
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 15: Volunteers: Tell us about a volunteer you appreciate. What does this person do for the genealogical community? How has he or she touched your heart?
This is your chance to show some love for those who selflessly give their time to family history.
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, April 8 through Saturday, April 14, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee