Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
GeneaBloggers Radio has been placed on an “irregular schedule” as of this week. Please read more here. GeneaBloggers Radio has not gone away . . . I’m just regrouping and rethinking the concept.
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- April 20: National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day (US), Volunteer Recognition Day
- April 21: Kindergarten Day
- April 22: Earth Day, National Jelly Bean Day (US)
- April 23: St. George’s Day (UK)
- April 24: Pig in a Blanket Day
- April 25: ANZAC Day (AUS, NZ), Red Hat Society Day, Secretary’s Day
- April 26: Richter Scale Day, Take Our Daughters To Work Day
- April 27: Tell a Story Day
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 17: How-To Book: For which genealogy how-to book are you most thankful? Who wrote the book and why does it stand out in your eyes? Is the book currently available? How can other genealogists benefit from its content?
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, April 22 through Saturday, April 28, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee