Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, April 15, 2011 starting at 10PM EDT, 9PM CDT, 8PM MDT and 7PM PDT! The two hour show will focus on the American Civil War and family history. For details on how you can listen and even use the chat room, click here.
There will be no April Scanfest – Scanfest will return on May 22, 2011!
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- April 15: Jackie Robinson Day (US), Sinking of the Titanic Anniversary
- April 16: Emancipation Day (US – DC), Husband Appreciation Day
- April 17: Palm Sunday, Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day
- Week of April 17-22: National Karaoke Week (US) begins
- April 18: Passover begins at sunset, Boston Marathon (US), Income Tax Day (US), National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day (US)
- April 19: Patriot’s Day (US), Primrose Day (UK), Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day (US)
- April 20: National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day (US)
- April 21: Kindergarten Day
- April 22: Good Friday, Earth Day, National Jelly Bean Day (US)
Genealogy Blog Carnivals
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Genealogy Conferences This Week
View upcoming genealogy conferences in the United States and across the globe at the group of calendars at GeneaBloggers. If you know of an upcoming expo or conference that should be on the GeneaBloggers conference calendar, send it to us at email@example.com.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook
We are now at 1,536 members this week at GeneaBloggers Group on Facebook. If you know anyone who blogs about their genealogy or family history and you think they might benefit from membership in Geneabloggers please tell them about our Facebook group!
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy and History
52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History by Amy Coffin is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2011) that invite genealogists and others to record memories and insights about their own lives for future descendants. You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your memories on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
Week 16. Restaurants. What was your favorite local restaurant as a child? Where was it located, and what was your favorite meal? Did you know the staff personally? What is your favorite restaurant now?
We’ll list a new challenge each Saturday which should be completed by the following Friday.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2011 copyright, Thomas MacEntee