Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Another episode of GeneaBloggers Radio will be broadcast this evening, Friday, April 13, 2012 starting at 9PM Eastern, 8PM Central, 7PM Mountain and 6PM Pacific. Tonight’s show episode is entitled: 1940 Census Success Stories
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- April 13: Blame Someone Else Day, Friday the 13th, Jefferson’s Birthday (US)
- April 14: Passover ends at sunset
- April 15: Jackie Robinson Day (US), Titanic 100th Anniversary
- April 16: Boston Marathon (US), Emancipation Day (US – DC), Husband Appreciation Day, Patriot’s Day (US)
- April 17: Blah! Blah! Blah! Day, Ellis Island Family History Day, Income Tax Day (US)
- April 18: National Wear Your Pajamas to Work, Day (US)
- April 19: Primrose Day (UK), Oklahoma City Bombing Commemoration Day (US)
- April 20: National Pineapple Upside-Down Cake Day (US), Volunteer Recognition Day
Genealogy Webinars This Week
For more information on genealogy webinars check out GeneaWebinars.
Appearances By GeneaBloggers Members
For a listing of speaking engagements by genealogy bloggers, along with their profiles and available presentations, visit GeneaSpeak.
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy
52 Weeks of Abundant Genealogy is a series of weekly blogging prompts (one for each week of 2012) that invite genealogists and family historians to highlight those genealogy resources for which they are thankful. This is also a way to mention a favorite site or tool to others and if you don’t already utilize that resource, you’ll be able to follow the blog posts that help you understand why the resource is important!
You do not have to be a blogger to participate. If you do not have a genealogy blog, write down your thoughts on your computer, or simply record them on paper and keep them with your files.
- Week 16: Tech Toys: Genealogists love their technology toys! Which tech gadget do you appreciate the most? How has this tool enhanced your family history experience? Would you recommend it to others?
This week’s prompt runs from Sunday, April 15 through Saturday, April 21, 2012.
And don’t forget to check out other upcoming events at the Geneabloggers Calendar. This is the same Google calendar that has been in existence for quite some time. And if you subscribe to the calendar you’ll receive email reminders of events.
© 2012 copyright, Thomas MacEntee