Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 8 August: Frederic March’s Birthday – Anniversary, Kool-Aid Days, National Scrabble Championship begins, and Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors’ Porch Day.
- 9 August: Atomic Bomb Dropped on Nagasaki – Anniversary, Whitney Houston’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Garage Sale Day, President Nixon Resigns – 40th Anniversary, and Perseid Meteor Showers.
- 10 August: “Candid Camera” television premiere – Anniversary, Japan Surrenders – WWII Ends – Anniversary, Missouri: Admission Day, and Smithsonian Institution Founded – Anniversary.
- 11 August: David R. Atchison’s Birthday – Anniversary, Mike Douglas’s Birthday – Anniversary, Elvis Week Begins, Alex Haley’s Birthday – Anniversary, Presidential Joke Day – 30th Anniversary, and
Watts Riot – Anniversary.
- 12 August: Cecil B. DeMille’s Birthday – Anniversary, Home Sewing Machine Patented – Anniversary, IBM PC Introduced – Anniversary, King Phillip Assassination – Anniversary, Buck Owens’ Birthday – 85th Anniversary, Zerna Addis Sharp’s Birthday – 125th Anniversary, and Vinyl Record Day.
- 13 August: Berlin Wall Erected – Anniversary, Alfred Hitchcock’s Birthday – Anniversary, International Left-Handers Day, and Annie Oakley’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 14 August: Little League World Series Begins, Navajo Code Talkers Day, and Social Security Act – Anniversary.
- 15 August: Assumption of the Virgin, Best Friend’s Day, Julia Child’s Birthday – Anniversary, Edna Ferber’s Birthday – Anniversary,
Hawaii – Admission Day, Panama Canal Opens – 100th Anniversary, and Woodstock – 45th Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee