Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 6 February: Admission Day – Massachusetts, Aaron Burr’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Wear Red Day, Ronald Reagan Birthday, Waitangi Day (New Zealand), and Working Naked Day.
- 7 February: Charles Dickens’ Birthday – Anniversary and Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 8 February: Boy Scout Day, James Dean’s Birthday – Anniversary, The Grammy Awards, Jell-O® Week starts, and Mary Queen of Scots Execution – Anniversary.
- 9 February: The “Beatles” Appear on the Ed Sullivan Show – Anniversary and Clean Out Your Computer Day.
- 10 February: Plimsoll Day (UK) and Treaty of Paris Ends French and Indian Wars – Anniversary.
- 11 February: Edison Day, “The French Chef ” Television Debut – Anniversary, and White Shirt Day.
- 12 February: Charles Darwin’s Birthday – Anniversary, Georgia Day, Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday – Anniversary and NAACP Day.
- 13 February: Dresden Firebombing – 70th Anniversary and First magazine published in America – Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2015 copyright, Thomas MacEntee