Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 27 June: “Dark Shadows” television premiere – Anniversary, Happy Birthday To You composed – Anniversary, Helen Keller’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Bomb Pop Day, and Death of Joseph Smith, Jr. and Hyrum Smith.
- 28 June: Gilda Radner’s Birthday – Anniversary, Ramadan begins (at sundown), Stonewall Riot – Anniversary, and Uniform Holiday Bill (US) – Anniversary.
- 29 June: Feast of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, Interstate Highways System – Anniversary, and LGBT Pride Day.
- 30 June: Britain Surrenders Hong Kong – Anniversary, Gone With The Wind published – Anniversary, Lena Horne’s Birthday – Anniversary, Leap Second Adjustment Day, and Lincoln Highway created – Anniversary.
- 1 July: Data Backup Day, Battle of Gettysburg – Anniversary, Internal Revenue Service established – Anniversary, Canada Day, President Cleveland’s Secret Surgery – Anniversary, First Instance of Photographs in a Newspaper, First US Postage Stamps Issued, Medicare started – Anniversary, and Zip Code Introduced – Anniversary.
- 2 July: Amelia Earhart Disappears – Anniversary, Civil Rights Act of 1964 – 50th Anniversary, President Garfield Shot – Anniversary, Lawrence Walk Show premieres – Anniversary, and St. Louis Race Riots – Anniversary.
- 3 July: Admission Day: Idaho and Quebec founded – Anniversary.
- 4 July: John Adams and Thomas Jefferson Death – Anniversary, Calgary Stampede, Declaration of Independence approved and signed, Rube Goldberg’s Birthday – Anniversary, Ann Landers / Dear Abby Birthday – Anniversary, Lou Gehrig Day – 75th Anniversary and Tuskegee Institute Opens – Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee