Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Some of you may have noticed that in each Genealogy Blogging Beat we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 26 July: Americans With Disabilities Act – Anniversary and US Army First Desegregation – Anniversary
- 27 July: Insulin First Isolated – Anniversary and National Day of the Cowboy.
- 28 July: Anne Hutchison Memorial Day, Aunties Day, Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onassis Birthday, Parents Day, and World War I Begins – Anniversary.
- 29 July: NASA established – 55th Anniversary.
- 30 July: Henry Ford’s 150th Birthday, Jimmy Hoffa Disappearance – Anniversary, and Paperback Books Introduced – Anniversary.
- 31 July: First US Government Building, and US Patent Office Opens – Anniversary.
- 1 August: Data Backup Day, Colorado: Admission Day, First US Census – Anniversary, Francis Scott Key Birthday, MTV Premieres – Anniversary, and World Wide Web Anniversary.
- 2 August: Official Signing of the Declaration of Independence – Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2013 copyright, Thomas MacEntee