Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 20 June: Ed Sullivan Show debuts – Anniversary, First Doctor of Science Earned by a Woman, Jaws film debuts – Anniversary, Take Your Dog To Work Day, World Refugee Day and Admission Day: West Virginia.
- 21 June: Hurricane Agnes – Anniversary and Summer begins – Northern Hemisphere.
- 22 June: Joe Lewis v. Max Schmeling Fight – Anniversary, Lightning Safety Awareness week begins, and Soviet Union invaded during WWII – Anniversary.
- 23 June: First typewriter patented – Anniversary, Bob Fosse’s Birthday – Anniversary, Last Formal Surrender of Confederate Troops – Anniversary, and Alan Turing’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 24 June: Battle of Bannockburn – 700th Anniversary, Henry Ward Beecher’s Birthday – Anniversary, Berlin Airlift – Anniversary, Feast of Saint John the Baptist, and Gustavus Swift’s Birthday – 175th Anniversary.
- 25 June: Battle of Little Bighorn – Anniversary, First color television broadcast – Anniversary, Korean Conflict begins – Anniversary, and Supreme Court Bans School Prayers – Anniversary.
- 26 June: Bar Code First Introduced – Anniversary, Human Genome Mapped – Anniversary, United Nations Charter Signed – Anniversary, and Midred “Babe” Didrikson Zaharias’ Birthday – Anniversary.
- 27 June: “Dark Shadows” television premiere – Anniversary, Happy Birthday To You composed – Anniversary, Helen Keller’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Bomb Pop Day, and Death of Joseph Smith, Jr. and Hyrum Smith.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee