Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 18 July: First Perfect Score in Olympic History – Anniversary, Mandela Day, and Red Skelton’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 19 July: Samuel Colt’s Birthday – 200th Anniversary, First Triple Play in Baseball – Anniversary, First Female Vice Presidential Candidate nominated – Anniversary, Art Linkletter’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Woodie Wagon Day, and Women’s Rights Convention at Seneca Falls.
- 20 July: Locust Plague of 1874 Anniversary, Moon Day – 45th Anniversary, National Ice Cream Day, Riot Act of 1715 – Anniversary, and Special Olympics founded – Anniversary.
- 21 July: Battle of Bull Run – Anniversary, First Robot Killing – Anniversary, and Ernest Hemingway’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 22 July: John Dillinger’s death – 80th Anniversary, Pied Piper of Hamelin Anniversary, Rat Catchers Day, and Spooner’s Day.
- 23 July: Commonwealth Games, First US Swimming, School Opens – Anniversary, and Gorgeous Grandma Day.
- 24 July: Cousins Day, Detroit Founded – Anniversary, Amelia Earhart’s Birthday – Anniversary, National Drive Thru Day, and Pioneer Day (Utah).
- 25 July: Andrea Doria sinks – Anniversary and First Test Tube Baby Born – Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee