Daze of the Week!
Here are some upcoming dates to look out for so you can plan your genealogy and family history blog posts for next week:
- 1 August: Data Backup Day, Colorado: Admission Day, Emancipation of 500 – Anniversary, First US Census – Anniversary, Francis Scott Key’s Birthday – Anniversary, MTV Premieres – Anniversary, and World Wide Web – Anniversary.
- 2 August: James Baldwin’s Birthday – Anniversary, Double Seven Festival (China), Official Signing of the Declaration of Independence – Anniversary, National Mustard Day, and Carroll O’Connor’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 3 August: National Watermelon Day and Sisters Day.
- 4 August: Louis Armstrong’s Birthday – Anniversary, Borden Ax Murders – Anniversary, Civic Holiday (Canada), Civil Rights Workers Found Slain – 50th Anniversary, Coast Guard Day, Admission Day – Colorado, and Picnic Day (Australia).
- 5 August: “American Bandstand” Premiere – Anniversary, Battle of Mobile Bay – 150th Anniversary, Death of Marilyn Monroe – Anniversary, National Underwear Day, and Raoul Wallenberg’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 6 August: Hiroshima Day, Lucille Ball’s Birthday – Anniversary, First Woman Swims the English Channel – Anniversary, Voting Rights Act of 1965 Signed – Anniversary, and Andy Warhol’s Birthday.
- 7 August: Operation Desert Shield Begins – Anniversary, Hatfield and McCoy Fued Begins – Anniversary, National Lighthouse Day, Professional Speakers Day, and Purple Heart Medal Created – Anniversary.
- 8 August: Frederic March’s Birthday – Anniversary, Kool-Aid Days, National Scrabble Championship begins, and Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbors’ Porch Day.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee