Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 16 May: Biographer’s Day, First Academy Awards Ceremony – 85th Anniversary, Henry Fonda’s Birthday – Anniversary, Liberace’s Birthday – 95th Anniversary, National Bike to Work Day, and William Henry Seward’s Birthday – Anniversary.
- 17 May: Armed Forces Day (US), Brown v. Board of Education Decision – Anniversary, First US Same-Sex Marriages – 10th Anniversary, National Learn to Swim Day, New York Stock Exchange Established – Anniversary, and Preakness Stakes.
- 18 May: Allies Capture Monte Cassino – 70th Anniversary, Bay to Breakers Race – 102nd Anniversary, International Museum Day, and Mount St. Helens Eruption – Anniversary.
- 19 May: Carl Akeley’s Birthday – 150th Anniversary, Anne Boleyn Executed – Anniversary, Dark Day in New England – Anniversary, Lorraine Hansberry’s Birthday – Anniversary, Malcolm X’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Victoria Day – Canada
- 20 May: Eliza Doolittle Day, Homestead Act – Anniversary, Lindbergh Flight Anniversary, Mecklenburg Day – NC, Jimmy Stewart’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Weights and Measures Day.
- 21 May: American Red Cross Founded, Sister Maria Innocentia Hummel’s Birthday – Anniversary, and National Waitstaff Day.
- 22 May: Johnny Carson’s Final Show Anniversary, Mary Cassatt’s Birthday – Anniversary, Harvey Milk Day, Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood TV Premiere – Anniversary, and National Maritime Day.
- 23 May: Bonnie and Clyde Death Anniversary and New York Public Library Anniversary.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee