Here is a list of events and goings-on in the world of genealogy blogging. Here’s what is happening in the coming week:
Daze of the Week!
In each Genealogy Blogging Beat (a daily post) we now feature national holidays and some of the more offbeat holidays. Here are some dates next week to look out for so you can plan your blog posts for next week:
- 13 June: Medgar Evers Assassinated – Anniversary, Friday the 13th, First Roller Coaster Opens – Anniversary, and Miranda Decision – Anniversary.
- 14 June: Flag Day, National Bourbon Day, Trooping the Colour (UK), US Army established – Anniversary, World Juggling Day, and Worldwide Knit in Public Day.
- 15 June: Admission Day: Arkansas, Father’s Day (US), Hee Haw television show debuts – Anniversary, Magna Carta Day (UK), and Native American Citizenship Day.
- 16 June: Bloomsday and Psycho film debut – Anniversary.
- 17 June: Bunker Hill Day (MA), Igor Fyodorovich Stravinsky’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Watergate Arrests – Anniversary.
- 18 June: Battle of Waterloo – Anniversary, International Sushi Day, First American Woman in Space – Anniversary, and War of 1812 Declaration – Anniversary.
- 19 June: Corpus Christi, Juneteenth, Lou Gehrig’s Birthday – Anniversary, and Rosenberg Executions – Anniversary.
- 20 June: Ed Sullivan Show debuts – Anniversary, First Doctor of Science Earned by a Woman, Jaws film debuts – Anniversary, Take Your Dog To Work Day, World Refugee Day and Admission Day: West Virginia.
Genealogy Conferences and Events
Conference Keeper is the resource to help you keep track of upcoming conferences on the national, state and local level! You can also learn more about call for paper and exhibitor deadlines and more! GeneaBloggers is proud to partner with Conference Keeper to make sure the genealogy community has the latest information on genealogy and family history related conferences in one convenient online location.
Genealogy Webinars This Week
From the GeneaWebinars site:
“We provide information about how to attend genealogy-related online meetings, classes, hangouts, seminars and webinars, where there is a visual slide share and/or website or software demo for attendees to view.
Hosts may use a variety of platforms including Adobe Connect, AnyMeeting, Captera, Google Hangouts, GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Live Meeting, Skype, Web-Ex, and Wiggio, to name a few.
There are currently over 35 with posting access to this calendar and blog, and over 200 hours of scheduled instruction for genealogists wishing to hone their research skills during the coming year. If you’d like to join the calendar to post your organization’s events, just drop a note to Myrt@DearMYRTLE.com.”
GeneaBloggers on Facebook
Check out the Facebook page for GeneaBloggers (http://www.facebook.com/Geneabloggers) and click LIKE in order to follow the latest news and events related to GeneaBloggers on Facebook.
© 2014 copyright, Thomas MacEntee